facebook

not sure what I am looking for

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

David

Good day,
    New to Spring MVC 3.0 and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have a @Controller and a jsp. The jsp has several tables to demonstrate many-to-many relationships. What I am trying to do, is when a table item is clicked such as:

<c:forEach items=”${myList}” var=”listItem”>
    <tr>
    <td><a href=”<spring:url value=”/productName/${listItem.itemDescription}”/>”>${listItem.itemDescription}</a></td>
    </tr>

This works to select the items description, but really want I want to to return the listItem object so I can use it in my controller. Unfortunately, I am not seeing the documentation on how I make this object available from the JSP table to the Controller.

#315772 Reply

jkennedy

Are you using MyEclipse for Spring?

If so, one of our main features is the ability to scaffold a Spring MVC Application using your existing data model. You can start with a Java Bean, JPA Entity, or RDBMS table, etc.

Here is a quick video that you can review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef6JyuRv8C4

The output of this scaffolding will have the JSP pages and Spring MVC Controllers (If you choose MVC on the wizard) that can get you a nice example (and reusable software components) that you can use to build out the rest of your application.

Thanks,
    Jack

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: not sure what I am looking for

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in