facebook

NPE when launching a project on a Tomcat 6 server

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

pfishero

I am seeing the following error when trying to “Run As -> My Eclipse Server Application -> Tomcat 6.x”:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2008-09-29 09:52:35.196
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Launching NCCPServerInABox on Tomcat 6.x”.
    !STACK 0
    org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:72)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Path.initialize(Path.java:575)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Path.<init>(Path.java:162)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.DeploymentManager.computeDeploymentLocation(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.ui.debug.RunOnServerLaunchConfigurationDelegate.ÄÂ�(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.ui.debug.RunOnServerLaunchConfigurationDelegate.ÄÂ�(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.ui.debug.RunOnServerLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:759)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:608)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:899)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$7.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1102)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

I have configured the Tomcat 6 instance in the Window->Preferences settings. I am able to build the war and run it on that Tomcat instance outside of Eclipse. Note: I am using Perforce with the P4WSAD plugin, so maybe there is a read-only file somewhere that MyEclipse isn’t able to update? Also, I am running MyEclipse 6.5 on Mac, installed by installing Eclipse 3.3 classic and then using the MyEclipse archive update site zip file.

#289515 Reply

Loyal Water

pfishero,
    Can you start the Tomcat server without issues from the server view? Maybe the P4WSAD is causing the issue here. Can you try Run As -> My Eclipse Server Application -> Tomcat 6.x without the P4WSAD plugin setup. Does it work?

#289519 Reply

pfishero

I am able to start the Tomcat server from the Servers pane. However, after doing that when I try to run my project on that server (via Run As -> My Ecliipse Server Application -> Tomcat 6) it still produces the same error.

I will try uninstalling the P4WSAD plugin, but in case that doesn’t work, do you have any other tips or suggestions?

Thanks!

#289565 Reply

Loyal Water

Are you able to run your app against the MyEclipse Tomcat server(Run As -> My Ecliipse Server Application -> MyEclipse Tomcat Server)? This is also a Tomcat 6 server. Incase you app works against the MyEclipse Tomcat server then something is definitely messed up with the Tomcat 6 server your using.

Let me know what result you get after uninstalling the pulgin.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: NPE when launching a project on a Tomcat 6 server

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in