facebook

Offline Mode

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Richard Gill
    Participant

I have to run Maven in Offline mode and have set this in my settings.xml file. Additionally, I have set the preference in Maven4MyEclipse to run Maven in offline mode. Yet, the plugin still tries to connnect to http://repo1.maven.org on start up. Additionally, when I tried to create a new Java project with Maven support, the new project creation failed due to not being able to download the archetype plugin from the repo.

Kudos for finally adding Maven support to MyEclipseide. I had stopped using MyEclipseide specifically because it lacked support for Maven and because I grew tired of waiting (at leaast 3 years) for the plugin to support Maven. Glad to see that it’s finally supported.

#287005 Reply

@ragill wrote:

I have to run Maven in Offline mode and have set this in my settings.xml file. Additionally, I have set the preference in Maven4MyEclipse to run Maven in offline mode. Yet, the plugin still tries to connnect to http://repo1.maven.org on start up. Additionally, when I tried to create a new Java project with Maven support, the new project creation failed due to not being able to download the archetype plugin from the repo.

Kudos for finally adding Maven support to MyEclipseide. I had stopped using MyEclipseide specifically because it lacked support for Maven and because I grew tired of waiting (at leaast 3 years) for the plugin to support Maven. Glad to see that it’s finally supported.

On startup M4M tries to download index file for standard repository so you can ignore that message.
    Do you have Maven quick start archetype in your repository? MyEclipse uses this archetype to create library projects

#287161 Reply

Richard Gill
    Participant

Yes, I do. I’ll double check tomorrow to see what version. Also, I’ll try installing the latest version of the plugin as well.

#287168 Reply

rfuchs

The offline mode doesn’t work in myeclipse. I checked it on in the preferences but m4m always search on remote.

#287234 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys I’m filing this bug, we’ll see if we can get this fixed shortly.

#287460 Reply

Richard Gill
    Participant

Thank you!

#290553 Reply

copyrightwitness
    Participant

Hi,

Any change on this bug?

The 6.5GA release was based upon Maven 2.0.8 AFAIK and this had a bug where offline mode contacted servers regardless of offline mode being set. This was fixed in 2.0.9 of maven2.

Will this be fixed in 7.0?

#291454 Reply

sarikan
    Participant

I am suffering from the same problem, where MyEclipse 6.5 is trying to update indexes no matter what I choose from the preferences. The REAL problem is, this causes instability issues in my configuration, god knows why…
    I am really getting tired of hundreds of little bugs waiting to be fixed for months.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Offline Mode

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in