facebook

Oracle Shutdown

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Wayne Kidd

Does not work.
    The entries in App servers look like

first line=C:\OC4J\j2ee\home

third line=localhost:23791

nothing in second and fourth

This is a shutdown command that works:
    java -jar admin.jar ormi://localhost:23791/ “admin” “” -shutdown

Here is the entry from principals.xml

<user username=”admin” password=”” deactivated=”false”>
    <description>The default administrator</description>
    <group-membership group=”users” />
    <group-membership group=”guests” />
    <group-membership group=”administrators” />
    </user>

Here is what happens when you try to shut it down with these settings:

Error: javax.naming.NamingException: Lookup error: javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Invalid username/password for default (admin); nested exception is:
    javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Invalid username/password for default (admin)

#196509 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Looks like you’re trying to shutdown an Oracle server that has no administrative password. To try this I reset my Oracle installation’s admin password by editing principals.xml to the following:

user username=”admin” password=””

Then in order to get the empty string to “take” as the password, in the preference page for the server I entered escaped quotes into the password field:
    \”\”

Once I had done this, the parameter passed as empty quotes and the shutdown behaved as expected. Of course, the easiest work around is simply to set the password to something. 🙂

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196543 Reply

Wayne Kidd

Thanks Scott, the escapes worked. I had tried some new passwords, early on, but I didn’t know what I was doing back then. I am wiser now. You should be aware that the standalone OC4J that you can download from Oracle OTN has principals “admin” set up with an empty string password and with deactivated = “true” . That combination will cause some people to have the same problems I had.

Wayne

#196544 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

You should be aware that the standalone OC4J that you can download from Oracle OTN has principals “admin” set up with an empty string password and with deactivated = “true” . That combination will cause some people to have the same problems I had.

Good point. We need to put a little note in the docs about that.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Oracle Shutdown

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in