facebook

osgi.splashPath configuration

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gte674n

I am building 2 versions of our product. One is built on 3.7.2 and the other on 4.2.0. I am having issues with the splashPath in both.

On 3.7.2, there is a small issue. The first time you launch the product after install, the default eclipse splash logo displays. Subsequent launches displays our custom splash logo defined by the osgi.splashPath setting.

On 4.2.0, I am unable to get the custom splash logo to display at all.

I have verified the plugin that contains the splash logo in both.

Thanks,
    John

#330719 Reply

sdc-support

Hello John.

Can you please provide us more information, are you using the Environmental Policy to set that property, how are you adding, what line are you adding, do you see any error in the logs when the custom splash is not displayed?

Best Regards.
    Héctor – Pulse Support

#331027 Reply

gte674n

Take a look at the headings “Make your product active” and “Replacing the splash screen” here: http:”\\\\www.eclipse.org\\articles\\Article-Branding\\branding-your-application.html .

We are using both. The setting eclipse.product works in both 3.7.2 and 4.2.0. Both are being set in the environmental policies under the properties tab and end up in the config.ini. I see them being inserted in the config.ini correctly.

#331101 Reply

sdc-support

John,

SDC configures eclipse.ini with -showsplash eclipse runtime option, this is why the osgi.splashPath. Could you try to add a Command line argument to override this option and use yours ?

http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fmisc%2Fruntime-options.html

-showSplash <bitmap> (Executable, Main)
    specifies the bitmap to use in the splash screen. If specified, the launcher may be able to show the splash screen before starting the Java VM. If not specified, Main will find the bitmap using the osgi.splashLocation and osgi.splashPath properties.

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: osgi.splashPath configuration

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in