facebook

OSX – Mac Avialable?

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Feedback & Suggestions
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

davite
    Participant

Hi!

2 years ago, someone from your team told us that a mac version should be available on ’11. But nothing happens.

Is there any plan to develop/release it?

Thanks a lot.

#341711 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Mac support has been blocked by some long standing technical constraints. We have worked though many of those. We plan to revisit the GO/NOGO status of Mac support in the next few months. Our current major focus is upgrading our App Center infrastructure to support Cordova 3 and improved app life-cycle management.

#342997 Reply

@support-wayne wrote:

Mac support has been blocked by some long standing technical constraints. We have worked though many of those. We plan to revisit the GO/NOGO status of Mac support in the next few months. Our current major focus is upgrading our App Center infrastructure to support Cordova 3 and improved app life-cycle management.

There is any update about the Mac port of Mobione ?
    Thanks
    Massimiliano

#343009 Reply

paulD

I would also be interested in a mac version. My workstation PC needs replacing and i am considering going to the dark side as all my other tools run very well on mac and it will stop all the hassles I have uploading to the Apple store.

As far as i can tell there is not many visual app makers for mac so it could be a good market for you guys?

Paul

#343018 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

A major barrier for MobiOne operation on Mac osx has been the Test Center’s dependence on the native Windows features. In MobiOne 2.5 we will begin the retirement phase of the Test Center and replace it with the Mobile Web Simulator. This is already in the 2.5 milestone releases. Early next year (2014) we will discontinue shipping the Test Center; only the Mobile Web Simulator will be shipped. Thereafter a Mac port should be technically feasible.

#344295 Reply

erum

Yeah. Apparently from what Im seeing its only those who upgraded over wifi, not sure about what devices were hit though. Apple and AT&T has been way less than helpful. Enough so that I will probably be ditching my iphone for an android and keeping the iphone only for testing.

#344298 Reply

paulD

Have you considered a cloud based version of mobione? This would negate the need for multi-platform software. I’ve had a look at some of the cloud based app makers such as appery.io and although not a good as Mobione for features in my opinion, the concept of the application being on a cloud really appeals as, I could work very easily on any machine with a internet connection?

Just a thought

Paul

#344303 Reply

@paulD wrote:

Have you considered a cloud based version of mobione? This would negate the need for multi-platform software. I’ve had a look at some of the cloud based app makers such as appery.io and although not a good as Mobione for features in my opinion, the concept of the application being on a cloud really appeals as, I could work very easily on any machine with a internet connection?

Just a thought

Paul

I don’t agree. Most of these cloud platforms really sucks. I think a Desktop version could do the difference.
    The only cloud app , to my personal opinion, can give Mobione some headhake is Icenium.
    I hope In the near future Mobione can offers like Icenium a UI framework that can compete with Kendo UI (to my opinion actually the best)
    Mobione guys, what about Kendo UI ?
    THanks
    Max.

#344306 Reply

paulD

Just because the current platforms are not as good as you want doesn’t mean they always will be. Cloud apps are developing very rapidly and will as good as the traditional software in the not too distant future.

For me the big win with Mobione is the visual interface. There is more than enough developers frameworks such as Icenium out there already.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: OSX – Mac Avialable?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in