facebook

OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

csell

I am trying to use ME on a rather tiny web project. My eclipse is crashing on a regular basis with the following message:

*** ERROR ***: Wed Mar 29 15:38:50 CEST 2006 java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

I am starting to wonder whether anyone using this product on reasonably sized projects?

#249517 Reply

csell

and, let me add: I have not seen any other eclipse/EMF/GEF-based product that produces these kinds of problems. It may be that you inherit them from WTP, though

#249663 Reply

Greg

Try putting the following in your eclipse shortcut:

-vmargs -Xmx512M -XX:PermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M

Hope this helps.

#250811 Reply

umerfar

I did not understand where do you want to put the following arguments

Can you please clearly mention where in the shorcut of eclipse these arguments should be set. Waiting for your reply. Thanks

#250842 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

The commandline to launch should look like:
    eclipse.exe -vmargs -Duser.language=en -Xms128M -Xmx512M -XX:PermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M

Hope that helps.

#308595 Reply

Jagsir Singh

in eclipse.ini file, would be a better place, usualy in your eclipse install directory.

with ububtu: /usr/lib/eclipse/eclipse.ini

Eclipse is probably thebest option in IDE, small, mid to large scale projects alike.

@umerfar wrote:

I did not understand where do you want to put the following arguments

Can you please clearly mention where in the shorcut of eclipse these arguments should be set. Waiting for your reply. Thanks

#308612 Reply

support-joy

Jagsir,

I am afraid the above issue was reported MyEclipse and not Eclipse. The changes suggested by scott need to be done in myeclipse.ini file located at [MyEclipse installation dir] and not on eclipse.ini file as suggested by you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in