facebook

Partial deployment on clean system (6.0.1)

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

brgiles

I’m getting partial deployment to a clean webapp. The class files are copied, but only the first two libraries (out of several dozen) are copied. I then get the generic “cannot be redeployed” error even though I can verify that the directory doesn’t exist before the attempt to deploy and the server is stopped.

Attempts to deploy to a .war file also fail. Same error message, and the partial .war file is deleted so I can’t check how far it got before the problem occurred.

I’ve been using MyEclipse since 5.0 and have already ruled out the usual suspects.

Gory details: MyEIDE 6.0.1. Deploying to Tomcat 6. The original project was a standard java webapp with struts. Child was mavenized and also successfully deployed. This is the grandchild that’s switching from struts to icefaces and currently has both capacities installed. (How do you remove a capacity anyway? I remember seeing the control once, but can’t find it again.)

Project has spring, strut, icefaces and JPA capabilities installed, but no libraries since they’re pulled in by maven. I can see missing libraries causing the app to fail to start, but not to fail to deploy.

Standalone aspects of application do run, e.g., database and business logic unit tests.

Finally, we use the same approach at my day job. Both sites use a local maven repository for the latest & greatest libraries.

#285656 Reply

Loyal Water

How do you remove a capacity anyway? I remember seeing the control once, but can’t find it again.

You cannot remove capabilities. You will have to create a new project, add new capabilities to it and then move your code to this project.

Can you remove the previous deployment from Tomcat/webapps and now try redeploying. Does that work?

Also, can you create a test project with a different name and add all the capabilities you have in the original project. Now try deploying this project. Does it work?

#285665 Reply

brgiles

No deployed project, no existing .war file when I try to deploy to an external destination.

Now the project isn’t even compiling. Not failing to compile — not even attempting to compile. Something changed somehow — investigating I noticed that the buildpath’s default target had reverted. (Maybe the jdk configuration also got nuked…)

I upgraded from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1 about a month ago. I put it into a different directory, but it looks like the next step is nuking everything and doing a fresh installation just to rule out installation problems. Grrrr.

#285722 Reply

Riyad Kalla

brgiles,
    No need to nuke everything. It’s possible that some build path entries are goofed.

The first step is to go to Window > Prefs > MyEclipse > Project Capabilities, and scroll down to each capability you use, and click the “Restore Defaults” button, then hit OK. Then open your project properties, go to Java Build Path and check *every* tab, especially Source and Library, to make sure you have no build errors.

Hit ok and restart (to let the classpath containers re-initialize).

Now go to Window > Show View > Other > PDE > Errors, and click the red “X” to clear all the erorrs, now go to Project > Clean and clean the one project with the issues and get it to rebuild… did it work? Did you get an exception logged in the error view? If so, what?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Partial deployment on clean system (6.0.1)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in