facebook

PDF Tutorials

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Documentation
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Are there any tutorials available as PDF/ Specifically for Struts? Thanks.

#212071 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Currently we provide our tutorials either in HTML or Flash.

#212075 Reply

What you provide in flash is not a tutorial, it is a demonstration. It is not intended to teach anyone anything; rather, to show them what can be done. I have no way of pausing in flash, nor of going back a step if I got something incorrect. And there is no HTML version I can find.

Also, again with the Struts example, it seems out of date, as what is shown does not match what I see.

#212077 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Your comments are spot-on as our management team has been saying the same thing. Once 3.8 GA is out (about a day or less from now), the highest priority for the entire team will be a complete rewrite of our documentation and a full set of tutorials that explain how to get started quickly. Until this point, we’ve certainly emphasized features over doc, but it is high time that the doc caught up because it is certainly the limiting factor for us right now. Thank you for your feedback and in advance for your patience while we finally eliminate this critical shortcoming.

#212818 Reply

sootarsp

While you’re working on the the complete rewrite, how how about something usable without bells and whistles ??

#212839 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Are you commenting on documentation?

#212879 Reply

sootarsp

@support-rkalla wrote:

Are you commenting on documentation?

Yes. A flash demo is not documentation. Something along the lines of the xdoclet tutorial http://www.myeclipseide.com/Articles/XDocletWebTutorial.html is all that’s needed. BTW the “machine gun” typing noises in the flash demo is tiresome.

#212885 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Management has ordained documentation to be our sole focus after 3.8 stabalizes, and I will forward your comments about the typing noises on so we don’t use them in the next set of flash demos.

#215313 Reply

K. Djaafar

Why there is no sample about JSF (and no explanations in the online documentation )?
    Thanks for your response.
    Mr Djaafar

#215314 Reply

K. Djaafar

Why there is no sample about JSF (and no explanations in the online documentation )?
    Thanks for your response.
    Mr Djaafar

#215334 Reply

Riyad Kalla

JSF support is not complete yet so we have no done any documentation or demos of it yet. If you see the 3.9 roadmap we have yet to include the JSF designer and other major JSF tooling that would effectively invalidate any documentation we did now for it.

#217268 Reply

rashidf2

I am new to Java development (worked with VB and ASP…). I was also looking for a pdf tutorial to download. I would like a tutorial that I can easly print and use!!!.
    Idealy the tutorial should include a sample database driven web application, as I best learn by example.

Regard,

#217408 Reply

vbfischer

@sootarsp wrote:

A flash demo is not documentation. Something along the lines of the xdoclet tutorial http://www.myeclipseide.com/Articles/XDocletWebTutorial.html is all that’s needed. BTW the “machine gun” typing noises in the flash demo is tiresome.

I disagree somewhat. The flash “demonstrations” are good to show you the exact steps to do something. it shows you what to do, then you can do it. The flash demos I saw can be paused.

Plus, I believe the flash demos are not official documentation, but rather demos that have been donated by 3rd parties (thanks to Don Fair if he reads this).

But it would be nice to have a printable tutorial…

#217409 Reply

Riyad Kalla

But it would be nice to have a printable tutorial…

We should have 3 or 4 comming up today or tommorow, then 3 or 4 more in the next week or so… everyone got sucked into docs before 3.8.3 😉

#217713 Reply

pbh001

I have been watching for the new printable tutorials that you mentioned but I do not see them. Have they been delayed? MyEclipse is great, but with no documentation (I mean a year out of date) it is difficult to recommend it in a corporate environement.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Reply To: PDF Tutorials

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in