facebook

phoneui.playVideo reinitializing my app

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Pauldivaniii

I have an IOS application where I record a video and then display the recordings in a media gallery. When I pick one of the video images in the gallery I navigate to a “ShowVideo” page that has a Video Player on it. I change the URL in the player so it points to the one I saved in my local storage.

So far so good. I press the play button and the video plays as desired. Now the interesting thing. After the video completed the application receives a phoneui.documentReadyHandler event and the system reinitializes but stays on the ShowVideo page.

Question for you in support is whether this is normal behavior? I don’t see this behavior if I leave the video URL on the short placeholder video I created in order to make the application compile without an error. I only see this when I playback one of the videos I take live in the application.

#347737 Reply

Hi Pauldivaniii,

What is your device model and iOS version? Could you share a sample project that demonstrate the issue? Send it to support at genuitec dot com, use title mobione data from Pauldivaniii

#347777 Reply

Pauldivaniii

I ended up using the HTML5 <Video> tag and the application appears to work normally with one exception:

My application is a portrait only application and when you use the <video> tag and rotate the movie to landscape while it is running, it resizes the application width to the landscape width and when you exit from the video player the application is sized incorrectly. I have tried to overcome this by trapping the orientation changed message and resetting the application window size but this has not worked. This is not a problem when you remember to rotate the player back to portrait mode before exiting.

#347831 Reply

Hi Pauldivaniii,

Hmm! No idea what’s up here. I’ll ask the dev team. But we have shyed away from straight <video> tag use after many problems across many devices and os versions. They may have some suggestions but they’ll be more interested in the 1st post on this thread. There should not be multiple documentReady events. I may try to replicate that since it applies to a mobione media widget. Any additional details you can provide on how you implemented your video player and any post playback behavior which may effected the app’s behavior?

#347836 Reply

Pauldivaniii

I’ll see if I can isolate just that page into a sample application. It’s somehow linked to the use of local storage since a video file that is part of the delivered application does not exhibit that behavior.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: phoneui.playVideo reinitializing my app

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in