facebook

PLEASE READ – GapDebug future plans

1. GapDebug
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – GapDebug
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wayne

All:

Recently we decided to discontinue development and update of GapDebug. Please see this announcement to learn more.

I’m proud of what my small team accomplished with GapDebug. Since day-1 GapDebug has been an experiment to learn if we could create a cross platform hybrid mobile debugging environment with our internal know-how and technology. That know-how included inventing a new product architecture which would become GapDebug. It combined a radical use of the Eclipse rich client platform, custom iOS device driver development, a local web UI and service api, and a custom WebKit Inspector implementation to run on top of Chrome all running in a JVM. You see more of this type architecture emerging now. But 3 years ago only a few others were thinking how to leverage such a platform.

After nearly 3 years of GapDevelopment development and support I can soundly claim that the experiment was a success. I wish to thank all of you that have supported Vadim (developer) and me as we have worked to develop a super useful utility.

Regards,

Wayne Parrott (@wayne_parrott)
    GapDebug Product Manager

#497249 Reply

domisginger
    Participant

This is a real shame, GapDebug has helped our team a lot recently.
    Still a big thank you for everyone’s work to put it out there for free.

Would you consider open sourcing your code now it will be discontinued?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: PLEASE READ – GapDebug future plans

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in