facebook

Populating combobox lables from external source

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

paulD

Hi everyone.

I’ve got a combobox and want my user to be able to populate his own labels from another part of the app. So he can enter names into something like a table or text box on another page and when he uses the combobox the names populate.

I’ve seen a few dynamic examples in the forums for lists but not sure on the way ahead. Everydays a school day for me i’m afraid!

Thanks for any help

Paul

#340857 Reply

Stu Wade

Hi Paul,

No solution from me, I fear. This was one of the first things I tried with M1, but failed miserably and went for a work-around. Have avoided combo-boxes like a plague since then.

Watching this thread carefully, hoping to learn something.

As an aside, as I do not use combos currently, it is somewhat annoying to find my Apps bulked with all the spinner stuff. Is it possible to eliminate them.

#340860 Reply

Brandon
    #340875 Reply

paulD

As I thought, its complicated! This dynamic stuff really kicks my ass. Back end developer i am not. Is there no way of just taking a text field value from within mobione and using that as the lable?

Thanks

Paul

#341775 Reply

Hi Paul,

Apologies for the delay following up. I thought I had shared this sample before: See attachment populateCombobox.mobi
    As you can see, the label is populated from the comboData values:

var comboData =["Item 1","Item 2","Item 3","Item 4","Item 5"];

You can replace those values pulling the values of your textfields. Hope this can still be helpful.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Populating combobox lables from external source

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in