facebook

"Port xxxx is already in use" when executing "ng serve" inside Terminal+

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

beleta1
    Participant

In a project that uses @angulat/cli 8.3.21 I am getting the following error “Port xxxx is already in use” when running ng serve inside Terminal+, no matter which port I try using --port xxxx.

When using the same ng serve command on and OS terminal outside Eclipse things go well.

Perhaps a problem with angular-ide?

#636364 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

If I use:

node_modules/.bin/ng serve

instead of simply ng serve things go with no problem.

#636367 Reply

support-swapna

beleta1,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I could replicate the problem at my end with ng serve
    The app starts fine from the Servers view. When you start the app from the Servers view, you will see command similar to this one : 'node_modules/angular-ide/bin/ng' 'serve' --port=4200 --live-reload=true --webclipse-launch-id=891829734499754220
    The angular-ide in the above command is our module. If you type ng serve from the Terminal+, then it comes from angular-cli.

I will file a bug report for the dev team to look into this problem. We will get back to you soon with our findings.
    Thank you for reporting this issue.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#636517 Reply

Hi beleta1,

We have pushed a new version of the angular-ide npm module that should fix this problem.
    You can run: npm i angular-ide@0.9.71 in a project’s Terminal+ tab to get the fix.

Please let us know how it goes!

Cheers,
    Sal

#636520 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

Yes Sal, that fixed the problem. Thank you for your support and fast response.

Regards

Jose Maria

#640556 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

Hi Sal,

The problem showed again, this time with angular-ide@0.9.72 and @angular/cli@8.3.24.

Regards

Jose Maria

#640597 Reply

Hi Jose Maria,

Odd, anyway, i’ll take a look at it, will let you know when we have a fix.

Cheers,
    Sal

#640788 Reply

Hi Jose Maria,

We have pushed a fix for this issue.
    As usual, you can try it by updating to the latest angular-ide version: npm i angular-ide@latest in the project’s Terminal+ tab to get the fix.

Best Regards,
    Sal

#640794 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

Unfortunately the fix angular-ide@0.9.73 does not work.

JM

#641161 Reply

support-swapna

Jose,

Sorry that you are still seeing the issue.
    I see no issues running angular-ide@0.9.73 app with ng serve at my end.

1. Can you please recheck if there is any other app already running on the specified port?
    2. Does specifying a different port via ng serve --port xxxx also throw the same error?
    3. Please create a fresh project and check if the issue persists.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#641439 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

As you can infer from my other post in this thread, I checked several times that no port was in use before reporting the problem. No, the issue still exists. Furthermore, as I already said, executing node_modules/.bin/ng serve serves the program with no problem.

Clearly the problem is on your angular-ide.

I am including my package.json if it can enlighten you in finding a solution.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by beleta1.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by beleta1.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #641476 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the package.json.
    I removed the carver-login and carver-validator dependencies as they are throwing 404 errors and with the other dependencies, I see no issues with ng serve.

1. If you delete the node_modules folder and run ‘npm install’ again, does it help?

2. Can you please clarify if you see the issue with a newly created project as well (please dont add the additional dependencies, just accept the defaults)? If yes, then please share the entire output of the ‘ng serve’ command.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#643358 Reply

support-swapna

Jose,

Our latest CodeMix release, CI 2020.2.25 is out. Please go to Help > Check for Updates and update to it.
    Let us know if you are still seeing the ‘Port already in use’ error.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#648278 Reply

Hi beleta1,

In case you’re still seeing this problem, try updating to the latest angular-ide npm package version which contains several fixes (including one that might fix this one)

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Sal

#648833 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

Yes, it works now.

Thank you Sal.

Jose

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: "Port xxxx is already in use" when executing "ng serve" inside Terminal+

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in