facebook

possibility to exclude resources from deployment/incl to war

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Robert Varga
    Participant

Hi,

we have a new project where we unfortunately have to work with a Web Project where the root of the project is the web root, but there are certain files in the project which we do NOT want to include in the war file and there are also Java source files which we do want to be included the project in compiled form but not in source form.

Since my long ago submitted request for configurable deployment / build structure is still not implemented (how many years has it been? 🙂 ), this is still not possible to do, AFAIK.

For certain reasons, we would not like to change the directory structure however I would like it (we have to maintain the possibility of merging in changes from upstream sources as conveniently as possible).

Therefore the only way I see how this could be done is to specify inclusion / exclusion (at least exclusion) filters for files/directories to be deployed or added to the war.

Count it as a feature request 🙂 But no way shall I relinquish my original feature request 🙂

Best regards,

Robert

#285597 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Robert,

There is no argument here, deployment excludes are necessary in some use cases and we need to support them. Management has actually been behind this feature for a while now, but there have always been higher priority things that push it off to the side for each release.

I just spoke with our product manager (“what’s going on?”) and this is actually targetted for 7.0 right now, but that depends on a lot of things that are also planned for 7.0. Fingers crossed and Iwill do what I can to push for this.

#285695 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

And what about my original feature request? 🙂

BR,

Robert

#285737 Reply

Riyad Kalla

You mean the deployment filtering?

I’m just going to keep fighting for it, ultimately management has to decide what goes in and what gets cut. if they are on the fence about something, sometimes my screaming will help 🙂

#285902 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

No, my original feature request was something I wrote up for ME several years ago for a completely customizable way of describing the layout of deployment units and build products 🙂

I see you don’t remember that either 🙂

What I referred to is the post at Mar 09, 2004 – 07:34 PM in the thread

https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/flexible-project-outlines/&highlight=

It is already more than 4 years old 🙂

BR,

Robert

#285946 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Robert,
    Ah! Yes I remember that. It’s still the same issue… we have all wanted this for a while now, but making the case to management to justify the huge cost/risk is really daunting.

If anything it will have to happen in pieces, slowly, and I think adding Maven support and opening that pandora’s box was Step #1 (coming in 6.5), adding deployment filtering will be Step #2, and hopefully from there getting some project layout customizations would be Step #3.

#286763 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

@support-rkalla wrote:

Robert,

There is no argument here, deployment excludes are necessary in some use cases and we need to support them. Management has actually been behind this feature for a while now, but there have always been higher priority things that push it off to the side for each release.

I just spoke with our product manager (“what’s going on?”) and this is actually targetted for 7.0 right now, but that depends on a lot of things that are also planned for 7.0. Fingers crossed and Iwill do what I can to push for this.

Hi Riyad,

any updates on this?

BR,

Robert

#286831 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Nothing unfortunately. Management knows that you guys need this and I know they want to make that happened if possible.

#316696 Reply

alaiseca
    Participant

I have a WAR using EclipseLink, which I have configured as a user library composed of two jars. This user library is part of my project’s build path. For some stupid reason, JBoss requires EclipseLink to be installed inside the server (the application fails if the EclipseLink jars are included in WEB-INF/lib). So I need to tell the MyEclipse deployer not to include EclipseLink jars when deploying the WAR file. I don’t have dependent projects, and I have other user libraries (like Spring) as well as other single jars being part of my project’s build path, so I cannot solve my problem unchecking any of the library deployment policies currently available. I need to explicitly exclude EclipseLink jars and keep the others. Any suggestions? Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: possibility to exclude resources from deployment/incl to war

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in