facebook

pretty nice, when done.

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Feedback & Suggestions
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

michelle2

Seems to preliminary to make a judgement.

We use myeclipse for our jsf projects and the newest version is a bit slow but still better than eclipse by itself.

We also use it for iphone opens source projects, will this product have support for dashcode parts, we incorporate those into our web java projects now.

http://www.mooncatventures.com/blogs

#299448 Reply

wayne

Thanks for you feedback. Regarding MyEclipse performance the new 7.5 release has been optimized to improve performance.

As you indicated MobiOne milestone-1 is really young in the development phase. We are currently adding more runtime tools and developing web editors optimized for the emerging HTML5 movement. As for support of dashcode components we have not made a hard GO/NOGO decision. I am interested in learning more about your specific needs in this area. Can you share in more detail the type of functionality you need?

Regards,

Wayne Parrott
    MobiOne Product Manager

#299461 Reply

michelle2

Your board won’t let me include links, I’d like to answer your question. Do you have an email I can use

can you share in more detail the type of functionality you need?

Probably not. I’m not so sure you can keep up with our development effort, the open source project I put together has now moved from purely webbased applications to integrating web backends for native iphone applications.

Looking at the market although you would think the evolution of mobile apps would follow that of web vs. client server (thin vs thick client) the distribution model is different. The itunes app delivery model pretty much fills the criteria we’ve always used for choosing web over client server.
    eg. quick deployment, easy maintenance and quick redeployment. So natural selection as applied to the mobile market seems to be taking a different course.

That said, the market for pure web based apps will probably remain a very vertical market , mostly corporate development, or websites enhanced for mobile applications.

that said the following posts should give you an idea were we are going, its not easy to say what our needs would be, because according to a lot of people we are definitely charting some new ground.

Hope this feedback helps.

About how we integrate dashcode.

1) we develop a project in dashcode, so as to have all the nice human interface guidelines functionality or at least the functionality we desire, ie. that can be the entire UI, or in the case of our selectList component just the ability to do transitions between views.

2) we take the generated parts library and compress it.

3) We build all the html/javascript functionality into an icefaces component, the icefaces component can represent either and entire ui or just some functionality like a uitableView.

4) we deploy as a jsf icefaces components, other components act as data sources for the component. We find that this gives us the best integration between dashcode and java. Building at this level gives us the maximum portablility of the code and the data access is handled at the java level.

here are some links to our project.

http://www.mooncatventures.com/blogs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: pretty nice, when done.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in