facebook

Problem deploying EAR

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’ve just installed WAS 6.1 (6.1.0.13 with all fixpacks and EJB3 features installed). I’m able to configure the server in ME Blue and start it successfully, so I know that that part works ok.

When I try to add a simple EAR project deployment to the server, I get the following error showing up in the deployment log:

————————————————————————————————————————-
    MyEclipse: deployment START explodedproject: MyEAR server: websphere61Server#AppSrv01 time: Mon Jun 30 14:13:48 MDT 2008
    ————————————————————————————————————————-
    WASX7357I: By request, this scripting client is not connected to any server process. Certain configuration and application operations will be available in local mode.
    WASX7303I: The following options are passed to the scripting environment and are available as arguments that are stored in the argv variable: “[C:\\_LOCALdata\\Appservers\\WebSphere\\AppServer\\profiles\\AppSrv01\\installableApps\\MyEAR.ear, D-H-09630Node01Cell, D-H-09630Node01, server1, MyEAR, {{“MyEARWeb.war” “MyEARWeb.war,WEB-INF/web.xml” default_host}}, {{“null” “MyEARWeb.war,WEB-INF/ibm-web-ext.xmi”AppDeploymentOption.Yes 1}}, false, true, true, C:/_Localdata/MyEclipse 6.5 Blue/myeclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere_6.5.0.zmyeclipse650200806/scriptutil/scriptutil.jar, C:/_LOCALdata/Appservers/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/D-H-09630Node01Cell/MyEAR.ear/MyEAREJB.jar]”
    WASX7011E: Cannot find file “C:\_Localdata\MyEclipse 6.5 Blue\myeclipse\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere61_6.5.0.zmyeclipse650200806installEAR_EJB3.jacl”

So it appears it can’t find that .jacl file, even tho I can navigate to it in Explorer and see that it’s there.

Can you help with my problem?

#286556 Reply

Loyal Water

I have asked some one from the dev team to look into this issue. The will get back to you with an update shortly.

#286703 Reply

@support-nipun wrote:

I have asked some one from the dev team to look into this issue. The will get back to you with an update shortly.

Any news? I’m sort of stuck, unable to deploy…any help would be appreciated.

#286754 Reply

mst98sub

Unfortuately i have encountered the same problem (now in German):

WASX7011E: Die Datei “C:\Programme\MyEclipse 6.5 Blue\myeclipse\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere61_6.5.0.zmyeclipse650200806installEAR_EJB3.jacl” wurde nicht gefunden.

I’ve noticed that there’s a path delimiter missing between “…650200806” and “installEAR_EJB3.jacl”. So probably the issue can be solved quite easily.

Could you please tell me until when a fix will be available or where to add the missing delimiter?

#286868 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys this looks like a bug that slipped our radar. We will get this fixed in 7.0 and should have a milestone out shortly. We are really sorry about this one.

#286897 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Update: We elevated this issue to management and it is being actively evaluated right now for a resolution. I’ll keep you posted.

#286931 Reply

@support-rkalla wrote:

Update: We elevated this issue to management and it is being actively evaluated right now for a resolution. I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks. I hope it doesn’t take too long 😉

#287105 Reply

@support-rkalla wrote:

Any more news? Is there at least a quick workaround that you can let me know about so that I can at least continue with my development?

#287128 Reply

mst98sub

As a quick workaround you can modify the binaries of the plugin in directory myeclipse\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere61_6.5.0.zmyeclipse650200806/.
    1. Unpack websphere61.jar to some temp directory
    2. In file WebsphereManager.class replace the string “installEAR_EJB3.jacl” by “/nstallEAR_EJB3.jacl” (e.g. hex editor)
    3. Pack the jar file again and replace the original websphere61.jar
    4. Rename file “installEAR_EJB3.jacl” to “nstallEAR_EJB3.jacl”

This hack worked for me, but hopefully there will be a real fix soon.

#287141 Reply

This hack worked for me, but hopefully there will be a real fix soon.

Hey thanks for the workaround…that worked. Much appreciated.

D

#287220 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hey guys we are QA’ing the 6.5.1 build today that fixes this and should have it out Friday or Saturday.

Thank you for your patience.

NOTE: I don’t know if modifying that JAR will break your update for 6.5.1 or not… just keep that in mind incase it bombs out; either way a clean reinstall will fix the issue right away so no biggie, just wanted to toss that out there.

#287229 Reply

@support-rkalla wrote:

Hey guys we are QA’ing the 6.5.1 build today that fixes this and should have it out Friday or Saturday.

Thank you for your patience.

NOTE: I don’t know if modifying that JAR will break your update for 6.5.1 or not… just keep that in mind incase it bombs out; either way a clean reinstall will fix the issue right away so no biggie, just wanted to toss that out there.

OK, thanks. I kept a copy of the old JAR around just in case, so it will be easy to restore things back to the way they were before applying the new build.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Problem deploying EAR

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in