facebook

problem deploying to websphere 7

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

ibanezje
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m investigating the use of MyEclipse to move away from IBM RAD. I would have switched instantly if deploying to a websphere server worked out of the box, but it seems to be not so easy, probably thats why IBM asks so damn much money…

Anyway, I’m trying to deploy to a remote WAS 7.0, running on an i5/Power System. I’ve read and configured it all, local Application client installed, ports configured etc.etc.
    The Websphere 7 server shows up in the Servers tab, and I can even connect! (debug)
    But, adding a deployment fails. Not even an entry in the deployment log.
    The status is ‘redeploy’.

Anyone has an idea about this? Maybe the WAS on an i5 is a problem??

Cheers, Patrice

#336333 Reply

support-swapna

Patrice,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please answer some more questions for us ?

1. Is the project migrated to work with MyEclipse ? If the project is developed in RAD, it has to be enhanced to work with MyEclipse. Here are the steps :

To migrate a project from RAD to MyEclipse, you will have to first import the unmodified RAD project into the workspace and then right click on the project > MyEclipse > ‘Enhance RAD project to work with MyEclipse’ wizard.

Do not attempt to fix build errors yourself as these changes will affect the enhancement procedure; it will not detect the RAD settings in your project and not correctly enhance it.

If there are still errors, you can attempt to fix them only after the enhancement process and/or can let us know what problems you experience so we can help.

2. Switch to a new workspace, import the RAD project, enhance it and try deploying to WAS 7. Please copy paste the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log to help us investigate further.

#336334 Reply

ibanezje
    Participant

1. Is the project migrated to work with MyEclipse?

– No I just created a test project in a new workspace, very basic. Is it nessecary to migrate an existing RAD project?

It looks like the deployer is not even attempting to communicate.
    When I deploy via the Manage Deployments menu, it says: ‘Error during deployment: Cannot create websphere admin object’.
    No deployment log entry.
    Only when I undeploy there is logging in the deployment.log.

————————————————————————————————————————————-
    MyEclipse: undeploy START packaged project: testwasEAR server: websphere7Server#WAS70SVR op KPMS02 time: Thu Mar 07 10:47:28 CET 2013
    ————————————————————————————————————————————-
    com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException: Cannot create websphere admin object
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.admin.WebsphereAdminFactory.createWebsphereAdmin(WebsphereAdminFactory.java:36)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.remote.RemoteServerClasspathBuilder.createAdminProxy(RemoteServerClasspathBuilder.java:377)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.WebsphereServer.getAdminProxy(WebsphereServer.java:465)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.deploy.JMXDeploymentStrategy.undeploy(JMXDeploymentStrategy.java:228)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.WebsphereServer.beforeUndeployment(WebsphereServer.java:501)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.?(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.undeploy(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.EARDeployment.undeploy(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.undeploy(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.jobs.B.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.admin.WebsphereAdminFactory.createWebsphereAdmin(WebsphereAdminFactory.java:22)
    … 10 more
    ————————————————————————————————————————–
    MyEclipse: undeploy END project: testwasEAR server: websphere7Server#WAS70SVR op KPMS02 time: Thu Mar 07 10:47:28 CET 2013
    ————————————————————————————————————————–

#336339 Reply

support-swapna

Patrice,,

Thank you for the details.

It is not necessary to enhance a project unless it is an RAD project you are trying to get it work in MyEclipse Blue.

1. Can you please share the Installation Details from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details ? If you are on a version earlier than MyEclipse Blue 10, I suggest you install the latest release of Blue and check if the issue persists.

2. Can you please try using the IP address of the host instead of the hostname ?

3. What deployment mode have you configured in the WebSphere server connector?

4. What is the structure of your application, how many EJB / Web projects in your EAR? What J2EE level do these projects use?

#336340 Reply

ibanezje
    Participant

Hi again,,

Well I figured something must be wrong with my environment.
    I came to the following: I overlooked the installation of the
    Stand-alone Thin Clients and Resource Adapters, it is as the tutorial says, is an optional component and not installed by default.
    So I forgot to tick it at installation. Ok I’m thinking now I’m in business.. not.

Stil a strange error, see attached log.
    This thing is, it complains about
    The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host KLGLAP08.koopman.nl at port 10020.
    This is weird, I have configured in the connector an IP addres!
    KLGLAP08 is my localhost name.

Any ideas about this? Since I have now installed the correct Resource adapters should I clean up something? (already created new workspace, no effect)

Cheers Patrice

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #336344 Reply

support-swapna

ibanezje,

From the logs it looks like a firewall issue.
    Can you please also check if the firewall settings allow the connection ?
    You should setup firewall / proxy information here – Window > Preferences > General > Network Connections.

Please share your Installation Details from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details to help us try to replicate the issue at our end.

#336347 Reply

ibanezje
    Participant

Hi,

well I didnt think of firewall issues because the debug connector works.
    Still I have checked the network settings, and set it to Direct.
    There is or should not be a proxy in the middle.
    I have a direct connection with the machine on which the WAS is installed. Only thing is it is on another subnet.
    Also the admin console opens just fine on my machine. Telnet to port 10020 on kpms02 gives me no errors.

It just looks like a firewall issue, but the log says:
    The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host KLGLAP08.koopman.nl at port 10020.
    That is just wrong, my intended host is KPMS02 (.koopman.nl) at port 10020.
    KLGLAP08 is my maschine name.
    So the connector tries my connect to my local host name, instead of the remote host. (KPMS02)

Weird.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #336401 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Patrice,

Thanks for the details. We’ve managed to replicate the error. I’ve raised a bug and we are investigating. We’ll post again when we have more information.

#336588 Reply

ibanezje
    Participant

Ok, thanks for taking this seriously, even though I’m just on a trial.
    But then again, I’m a potential customer 🙂

#336618 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Patrice,

No problem. We treat all posts seriously. As soon as you’re using the product, trial or not, you’re a customer of our support team.

Hopefully, we can sort this out before too long. I guess deployment can always be done manually, since the debugging connection appears to work OK, but that’s not ideal, of course.

#337226 Reply

ibanezje
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Any update on this issue?
    My trial is about to expire.

Cheers,
    Patrice

#337316 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Patrice,

Sorry about this but investigation revealed a deeper issue than we first thought and we haven’t been able to get a fix into the next release. It has been targeted for the following point release.

For now, I’m afraid that deployment would have to be done manually. It can be done on the local machine via the admin console (which can be launched from the Servers view by right clicking on the server and selecting the Open Admin Console menu item). You can also debug from the local machine.

Sorry for the inconvenience and I hope that you will still be able to find MyEclipse Blue Edition useful to you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: problem deploying to websphere 7

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in