facebook

Problem during MyEclipse update

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

marcolinux
    Participant

Good morning.

I’m trying to apply the latest updates (see attach_1.png) on my copy of MyEclipse.
    Unfortunately the process stops, with the message “Error Applying Updates” (see attach_2.png).
    By clicking on the “see errors” link, I get the following message:
    How can I fix it and install the updates?

An error occurred while configuring the installed items
    — error: session context was:(profile=com.genuitec.delivery.package.profile.2915-Enr-0574, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Configure, operand=null –> [R]toolingcom.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide.ini.cocoa.macosx.x86_64 15.0.0.201904011845, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.AddJVMArgumentAction).
    — error: An error occurred while processing the JVM argument.
    — java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid format for byte argument: 3072m .
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.AddJVMArgumentAction.getByteValue(AddJVMArgumentAction.java:168)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.AddJVMArgumentAction.compareSize(AddJVMArgumentAction.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.AddJVMArgumentAction.setToMax(AddJVMArgumentAction.java:123)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.AddJVMArgumentAction.addByteArg(AddJVMArgumentAction.java:81)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.AddJVMArgumentAction.addArg(AddJVMArgumentAction.java:55)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.AddJVMArgumentAction.execute(AddJVMArgumentAction.java:34)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.ParameterizedProvisioningAction.execute(ParameterizedProvisioningAction.java:39)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.mainPerform(Phase.java:184)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.perform(Phase.java:96)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.PhaseSet.perform(PhaseSet.java:47)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:77)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:45)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.client.deliverypackage.runtime.InProductUpdates.applySoftwareUpdates(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.client.deliverypackage.runtime.ui.jobs.ApplyPackageUpdatesJob.applyUpdates(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.client.deliverypackage.runtime.ui.jobs.ApplyAbstractUpdatesJob.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:60)`

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #612490 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Marco,

Sorry to hear you’re running into an issue with the update. Can you please share with us your full workspace log? You can find it at [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log and also your myeclipse.ini file? You can find that int he same directory containing the MyEclipse executable.

#612493 Reply

marcolinux
    Participant

Hello, Brian.

Here are the two files you requested…

I attach the “eclipse.ini” file because I can’t find the “myeclipse.ini” file (see file.png)
    I hope it’s the right file.

Thank you

Attachments:
    #612495 Reply

marcolinux
    Participant

Well, I try to attach this way…

Attachments:
    #612498 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Marco,

Sorry, from your username I assumed you were on Linux (though your stack trace stated otherwise), and asked for the wrong file 🙂

If you edit your eclipse.ini file you will find that there’s an invisible character after 3072m. Please shut down MyEclipse, edit the ini file to remove that character and save it before launching MyEclipse. You should now be able to apply the update without issue.

Hope this helps – do let us know if you still experience issues with the update.

#612500 Reply

marcolinux
    Participant

Update applied and problem solved, thank you!!!!

#612536 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Marco,

Glad that worked, thank you for confirming and have a great weekend!

#623466 Reply

xanderli
    Participant

I have the same problem. Could you tell me what the mistake is?

Attachments:
    #623469 Reply

support-swapna

xanderli,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. It could be a temporary network glitch when downloading the said jar.

Can you please check if you can download the troubled jar externally from your browser?
    https://dl.bintray.com/subclipse/releases/javahl/1.11.1/plugins/org.tigris.subversion.clientadapter.javahl.win64_1.11.1.201901162041.jar

If it downloads fine, then please copy the downloaded file to the MyEclipse installation dir/plugins directory and retry the update.
    If you are still seeing problems, then please let us know if you are behind a firewall or proxy and whether you set up the proxy information in the MyEclipse IDE ( Window > Preferences > General > Network Connections ). Also share with us the workspace log file which is located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (change the extension to .txt and attach it here).

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Problem during MyEclipse update

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in