facebook

Problem re-adding struts capabilities [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I accidentilly copied a wrong web.xml file over my existing one. After that no more struts functionality in my project 🙁 Re-adding struts-capabilities is not possible then, so I tried to fix this (stupid me) by closing ME and removing al references to anything that has something to do with struts (.mystrutsmetadata, .tlds, jar files, struts-nature in .project etc…. After that I do have the option of adding struts-capabilities again but it gives me an error (see logfile below). I’m not sure it’s a bug, since I did something I’m not supposed to do, but I saw no other option than fixing it this way. Maybe it should be in the enhancement forum to have the option to re-add struts capabilities

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

– System Setup ——————————-
    Operating System and version: Fedora 1.0, kernel 2.4.22
    Eclipse version: 2.1.2
    Eclipse build id: no access to that at the moment
    Fresh Eclipse install (y/n): Y
    If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager?
    Other installed external plugins: oxygen xml
    Number of plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory that begin with org.eclipse.pde.*: no access to that at the moment
    MyEclipse version: 2.7GA
    Eclipse JDK version: Sun 1.4.2_03
    Application Server JDK version: n/a
    Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file?

!SESSION mrt 08, 2004 20:44:56.774 ———————————————
    java.version=1.4.2
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=nl_NL
    Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -install file:/opt/eclipse/
    !ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.struts 1 1 mrt 08, 2004 20:44:56.778
    !MESSAGE
    !STACK 1
    org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource is out of sync with the file system: /FlowGateXWeb/.project.
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.FileSystemResourceManager.write(FileSystemResourceManager.java:637)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.internalSetContents(File.java:238)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.setContents(File.java:274)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.FileSystemResourceManager.internalWrite(FileSystemResourceManager.java:259)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.writeDescription(Project.java:906)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.setDescription(Project.java:807)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.setDescription(Project.java:829)
    at org.easystruts.eclipse.utils.ProjectEclipseUtils.addNatureToProject(Unknown Source)
    at org.easystruts.eclipse.utils.ProjectEclipseUtils.addEasyStrutsNature(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.org.easystruts.eclipse.wizards.NewEasyStrutsWizard.performFinish(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:608)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:321)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$1.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:423)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:81)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:923)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:1847)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1639)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:583)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:563)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.struts.action.AddStrutsCapabilitiesActionDelegate.basicRun(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.struts.action.AddStrutsCapabilitiesActionDelegate.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.ui.action.LicenseValidatingActionDelegate.runWithEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:241)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:456)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:403)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$0(ActionContributionItem.java:397)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$ActionListener.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:72)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:81)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:923)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:1847)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1639)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1402)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1385)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:858)
    at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:291)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:747)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:583)
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 274 mrt 08, 2004 20:44:56.782
    !MESSAGE Resource is out of sync with the file system: /FlowGateXWeb/.project.

#204492 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Ronald,

Looks like you need to get back into Eclipse and ‘refresh’ your project before proceeding. The problem is simply that you made your edits outside Eclipse and the files are out of sync in the workbench. Once you refresh, you should be able to readd struts capabilities.

#204493 Reply

Great, that works… I did not know “refresh” did more than re-reading files in the project folder…. sorry for submitting a false report for this.

Ronald

#204497 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Ronald,

It’s not a false report if you need help. Glad you’re up and running.

#204499 Reply

I know, but It I should have filed it under ‘support’ and not bugs 😉 I should have given you guys more credit for having a solution for this.

#204500 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

No problem. Now you know for next time. 😉

#240788 Reply

Gregory123

Hello,

I develop quite a large project in Eclipse. I have a big problem with “Resource is out of Sync with file system”. I also use ClearCase view as the sources location. Using “Refresh” option for project resulted only one resource file was updated/synchornized. As I have about 200 resource/non java files – what can I do ? Is there any possibility to reset the sync info? Where Eclipse stores info/copies of resource files ? Maybe a simpledeletion of unsynchronized files would help ? Could You please explain me how the resources are handled in eclipse ?
    Please help me. I will go crazy refreshing the project 200 times.

with best regards,
    Grzegorz

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Problem re-adding struts capabilities [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in