facebook

Problem setting up MyEclipse to debug code using Resin 2

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

javajohn

Ive been trying to configure MyEclipse to debug using Resin 2. When I try to start Resin in debug mode using Eclipse it gives me an error:

A configuration error has occured during startup. Please verify the preference field with the prompt: Invalid listen port number:localhost:1408. Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, rc = -1.

Anyone know what this means? I tried changing the JVM parameter values in the Appserver config window under Window -> Preferences in Eclipse and it changes nothing. I dont even know where the localhost:1408 setting that is in the error message is coming from. I didnt set anything to 1408.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

#230622 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

#230633 Reply

javajohn

Sorry about the missing info. I overlooked the instructions regarding posting.

Here are the details:

What operating system and version are you running?

Win XP Profesional Version 2002 Service Pack 2

What Eclipse version and build id are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform)

Version: 3.0.2
    Build id: 200503110845

– Was Eclipse freshly installed for MyEclipse?
    No. But I do have MyEclipse installed and running.

– If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager?
    No

– Are any other external plugins installed?
    No

– How many plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory are like org.eclipse.pde.*

What MyEclipse version are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform > Features)

What JDK version are you using to run Eclipse? (java -version)
    1.4.2_08

What JDK version are you using to launch your application server?
    1.4.2_08

What steps did you take that resulted in the issue?
    Im trying to use a debugger to debug a web app from within Eclipse. When I added the jvm parameters in the appserver jvm optional parameters window I found under window -> preferences -> myeclipse -> appservers -> resin2 -> jvm I got errors stating that the jvm settings were bad. I also got strange errors like the one I listed above.

Here are the settings Im using in the jvm optional setting page:

-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=8080,suspend=n

What application server are you using? Resin 2

Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file? (<workspace>/.metadata/.log)
    no

#230653 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ahh, remove all the optional JVM arguments, you don’t need them, when MyEclipse automatically startsup Resin, it enabled it to run in debug mode and connects the debugger to it, so all you need to do is start setting breakpoints, viola, that’s it.

Keep in mind that if Resin doesn’t support the JSR 45 spec, you will not be able to debug your JSPs and may have some flakiness when debugging class files (But they should work for the most part).

#230744 Reply

javajohn

Thanks for the help!

John

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Problem setting up MyEclipse to debug code using Resin 2

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in