facebook

problem w/ JSP – HTTP status 500 – compilerIsOutdated

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to run Tomcat w/ some JSP’s. My first JSP displays just fine, but when I pass that one and am redirected to the next, I’m getting HTTP status 500 – internal server error. Under root cause, it says:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.getIncludes()Ljava/util/List;
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.isOutDated(Compiler.java:398)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.isOutDated(Compiler.java:333)

What am I missing? I’m using Tomcat 4.1, I would think my jasper is fine. Any ideas?

#196340 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Russ,

What version of the JDK are you using with Tomcat? What version are you using as the default for your projects inside the workbench? Can you reference the second JSP directly, rather than as a redirect from the first, without error?

Here’s a user with a similar problem (and solution) from the web for a quick try: http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/tomcat-users/2002-July/072397.html

-Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196347 Reply

I’m using jsdk 1.4.0 for my JDK. I’ll read through the link you provided and see if I can get it going. Thanks, Scott!

#196430 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Russ,

Just for closure of the thread, did you determine what the problem was and how to work around it?

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196479 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

For closure, I heard from Russ in a private message and he had this to say about the fix:

Anyhow, with regard to the problem of outdated compiler, I
    had included both jasper-compiler.jar and jasper-runtime.jar in my Java build path. I removed the jasper-compiler.jar and it ran fine.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: problem w/ JSP – HTTP status 500 – compilerIsOutdated

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in