facebook

Problem with 9.1 blue a WebSphere 7.x Remote Deployment

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Jeff Dripps

We have been using MyEclipse blue version 8.6.0, 8.6.1 and 9.0a remotely deploying to WebSphere 7.0.0.15 (with administrative security enabled) with perfect success for several weeks with 9.0a. However upon updating 9.0a to 9.1 this morning using Pulse we were unable to remotely deploy any longer. Removing the deployment using the WebSphere admin console and attempting a new clean deployment results in no evidence of the EAR even attempting to be deployed (we suspect some type of authentication issue due to administrative security at this point).

We then performed a complete product removal and reinstalled from the “myeclipse-blue-9.1-offline-installer-windows.exe” installer but incured the exact same results. In the deployment log the error we encounter with the 9.1 version is:

MyEclipse: undeploy START packaged project: Production server: remoteWebsphereServer#dfw-vtap07 time: Thu Jul 14 11:10:20 CDT 2011
    ———————————————————————————————————————————-
    com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException: Cannot create websphere admin object
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.admin.WebsphereAdminFactory.createWebsphereAdmin(WebsphereAdminFactory.java:36)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.remote.RemoteServerClasspathBuilder.createAdminProxy(RemoteServerClasspathBuilder.java:349)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.WebsphereServer.getAdminProxy(WebsphereServer.java:504)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.deploy.JMXDeploymentStrategy.undeploy(JMXDeploymentStrategy.java:228)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.WebsphereServer.beforeUndeployment(WebsphereServer.java:539)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.?(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.performStdRedeploy(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.redeploy(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.jobs.D.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.admin.WebsphereAdminFactory.createWebsphereAdmin(WebsphereAdminFactory.java:22)
    … 9 more
    ———————————————————————————————————————–
    MyEclipse: undeploy END project: Production server: remoteWebsphereServer#dfw-vtap07 time: Thu Jul 14 11:10:20 CDT 2011

Nothing that we tried corrected the issue.

Respectfully,
    Jeff

#318246 Reply

support-swapna

JDripps ,

Thank you for pointing to it. I could replicate the issue at my end.
    I have escalated it to the dev team. They will get back to you.
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

#318269 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Jeff,

For some reason this very obvious use case did not get tested before the 9.1 release and we do have a regression here.

If you would please write in to support@genuitec.com with a link to this thread and subject ATTN Brian, i will work on getting a fix to your team.

#318753 Reply

Jeff Dripps

I just wondered if we update using Pulse now to 9.1 if this issue has been resolved? Pleasse let me know when you can?

Thank you,
    Jeff

#318756 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Jeff,

We found a few additional issues with Blue that we need to push into the 9.1 update; we are attempting to release it this weekend. Once the release is out I will post an update to this thread.

Thank you for your patience.

#318839 Reply

Jeff Dripps

Okay sounds good…

Thank you Brian!

Jeff

#318879 Reply

Mohamad Sariman
    Participant

I am facing the same issue deploying using Remote Websphere with 9.1
    Please keep me inform on what’s the resolution.

#319109 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Guys,

It appears that we need some additional time with the 9.1.1 maintenance release. I have therefore made the remote deployment fix available separately as a simple downloadable fix which can be applied to MyEclipse 9.1.

Please see this thread for details: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/fix-for-websphere-remote-deployment-on-myeclipse-blue-9-1/

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

#319866 Reply

Jeff Dripps

Brian,

Just wanted to let you know that we upgraded from 9.0a to 9.1 and then applied the patch you posted and all is well and remote deployment on WebSphere works perfectly again. Thank you!

Jeff

#319873 Reply

support-swapna

Jeff,

Glad that it is working fine. Thanks for posting.
    Do let us know if you have any other issues.

#319992 Reply

Jeff Dripps

We have one last annoying issue when remotely deploying to WebSphere 7.x using MyEclipse 9.1 (with the blue deployment patch installed, and BTW this issue happens with all previous 8.x versions as well.)

We set up a virtual host (named “dev_host”) in the WebSphere application.xml file however no matter what we try, MyEclipse continues to deploy to “default_host” rather than “dev_host”.

Since we have two developers deploying to the same box, we have “default_host” set to port 9080 and “dev_host” on 9090. When the deployment completes MyEclipse indicates it was successful, however the application is not running and we have to open the WebSphere admin console, change the “virtual hosts” dropdown from “default_host” back to “dev_host” and then the application will start and run properly.

It’s just a real pain to have to do this everytime you do a re-deployment. Appreciate any advice or update which would correct this situation.

Respectfully,
    Jeff

#320080 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Jeff,

Just to make sure we are exactly on the same page here, can you send me your application.xml file? (Or at least the relevant portions of it).

You can mail it to support@genuitec.com with a link to this thread or PM me.

We’ll definitely take a look at this, however I cannot promise a fix in time for the upcoming 10.0 and 9.1.1. releases (we are too close to the end).

Please feel free to complain about any other issues you have with Blue, especially annoyances like this; we are committed to making it work for you!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Problem with 9.1 blue a WebSphere 7.x Remote Deployment

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in