facebook

Problem with deploymnet

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

YellowDog

I’m getting the fiollowing error when I try to deploy:

Undeployment Error on Tomcat 5 File
    C:\Eclipse\…\…\… (path to a file) does not exist. If a file is locked you can wait until the lock times out to redeploy, or stop the server and redeploy, or manually remove the deployment at ….

Tomcat is not running.
    I manually removed the deployment.
    The machine has been re-booted several times.
    There is no lock file under .metadata when is Eclipse is not running.

What operating system and version are you running? Win XP Pro
    What Eclipse version and build id are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform) 2.1.3 / 200403101828
    – Was Eclipse freshly installed for MyEclipse? Yes
    – If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager?
    – Are any other external plugins installed? No
    – How many plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory are like org.eclipse.pde.* 7 (in one workspace) 1 (in another)
    What MyEclipse version are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform > Features) 2.7.1
    What JDK version are you using to run Eclipse? (java -version) 1.4.2
    What JDK version are you using to launch your application server? 1.4.2
    What steps did you take that resulted in the issue?
    What application server are you using? Tomecat 5.0.19
    Are there any errors in the Eclipse log? (<workspace>/.metadata/.log)
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.core 4 2 Jun 18, 2004 14:11:51.542
    !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: “org.eclipse.jdt.core”.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.J2EEContainerInitializer.Ä‚(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.J2EEContainerInitializer.initialize(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore$1.run(JavaCore.java:896)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1006)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:413)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore.getClasspathContainer(JavaCore.java:891)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaProject.getResolvedClasspath(JavaProject.java:1531)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaProject.getResolvedClasspath(JavaProject.java:1463)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaProject.getResolvedClasspath(JavaProject.java:1439)
    at de.bb.bje.eclipse.support.JspCompiler.getClassPath(Unknown Source)
    at de.bb.bje.eclipse.BejyPlugin.getClassLoader(Unknown Source)
    at de.bb.bje.eclipse.BejyPlugin.getCC(Unknown Source)
    at de.bb.bje.eclipse.editors.BJspEditor$1.run(Unknown Source)
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.core 4 4 Jun 18, 2004 14:11:51.667
    !MESSAGE Exception occurred in classpath container initializer: com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.J2EEContainerInitializer@a0e990
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.J2EEContainerInitializer.Ä‚(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.J2EEContainerInitializer.initialize(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore$1.run(JavaCore.java:896)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1006)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:413)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore.getClasspathContainer(JavaCore.java:891)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaProject.getResolvedClasspath(JavaProject.java:1531)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaProject.getResolvedClasspath(JavaProject.java:1463)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaProject.getResolvedClasspath(JavaProject.java:1439)
    at de.bb.bje.eclipse.support.JspCompiler.getClassPath(Unknown Source)
    at de.bb.bje.eclipse.BejyPlugin.getClassLoader(Unknown Source)
    at de.bb.bje.eclipse.BejyPlugin.getCC(Unknown Source)
    at de.bb.bje.eclipse.editors.BJspEditor$1.run(Unknown Source)

#208778 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Try refreshing your project… the deployment tool is complaining about what I’m guessing is a file in your project, so if it can’t find it, I imagine a refresh should sync it back up again.

#208783 Reply

YellowDog

Refresh and reboot seems to have set it back on track.

Question. Eclipse 3 is scheduled for final release the week of 28 June. I’m anxious to upgrade, but I’m a little hesitant because when I was using the beta versions of Eclipse and ME, my environment was so unstable that I had to throttle back to 2.1.3 / 2.7. Will you guys ship a final release of ME to coincide with Eclipse 3.0? Will it be the week of 28 Jun? My ME trial expired a week ago so I sent in my registration $. Looking forward to a great product.

#208786 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Refresh and reboot seems to have set it back on track.

Glad to hear it.

I’m anxious to upgrade, but I’m a little hesitant because when I was using the beta versions of Eclipse and ME, my environment was so unstable that I had to throttle back to 2.1.3 / 2.7.

I know how you feel, the good news is that from the internal dev team the word on the street is that Eclipse 3.0 is really shaping up well/stable/faster.

Will you guys ship a final release of ME to coincide with Eclipse 3.0?

We are working hard to match up our 3.8 GA release with Eclipse 3.0 GA release, but I can’t promise that at this point.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Problem with deploymnet

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in