facebook

Problem with driver "Derby Embedded JDBC Driver 10.0 De

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rzc1
    Participant

Hi,

I can’t get rid of the following error:

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
    Problem with driver "Derby Embedded JDBC Driver 10.0 Default." (Error: Unable to locate JAR/zip in file system as specified by the driver definition: C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse8\Common\plugins\org.apache.derby.core_10.3.1.4\derby.jar.)            Derby Embedded JDBC Driver 10.0 Default    Driver Problems

The path/file “C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse8\Common\plugins\org.apache.derby.core_10.3.1.4\derby.jar” does not exist as we migrated to MyEclipse 10 a while ago.

I found no way to configure the drivers path using the UI.

I found the path referenced in:
    N:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity\driverStorage.xml
    But the file is overwritten on each start of the MyEclipse database explorer.

Any idea to solve the problem is appreciated.

MyEclipse:
    Version: 10.0
    Build id: 10.0-20111028

With regards
    Stefan

#330002 Reply

support-joy

Stefan,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Please provide below details –
    1. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details > [Copy to Clipboard] and paste the same here.
    2. Clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate the issue, and attach file here
    3. When do you get the above mentioned issue? Please list the steps in detail.
    4. You mention migrating to ME 10. What was the previous MyEclipse version you were using? And how did you migrate?
    5. Please attach .myeclipse.ini file located in you installation directory

Could you try something for me –
    Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Servers > Integrated Sandbox > MyEclipse Derby and click on [Restore MyEclipse Derby Driver]. Next click on [Restore Sample Database]. Click on [Apply] and [Ok]. You can restart the IDE and retry to check if the issue persists.

Let me know how this works for you.

#330014 Reply

rzc1
    Participant

Hi,

thank your for your response. I was able to solve the problem. It was a workspace related issue. I created a new workspace and imported my projects into it. Now the message no longer shows. Seems to me that the workspace was created with ME8 and had some settings in it that caused the trouble. Now everything works fine.

Thank you
    Stefan

#330029 Reply

support-joy

Stefan,

Good to hear you are all set. Let me know if you have any other queries.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Problem with driver "Derby Embedded JDBC Driver 10.0 De

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in