facebook

Problem with GapDebug's Implementation of Chrome Developer Tools

1. GapDebug
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – GapDebug
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

theemberleader
    Participant

First, the specs:
    Running GapDebug 2015 update 2.0
    On Windows 8.1 (using compatibility mode with Windows 7, though I’ve ran it without – same issue)
    Testing with Latest versions of Phonegap, Cordova and their plugins.
    Testing on LG G3 (February 2015 build), running Android Lollipop 5.0.1
    Running the latest stable build of Chrome (44.0.2403.89 m)

So, I just found GapDebug, and I really like the way it works for debugging PhoneGap applications. However, I’m continually running into resizing/positioning issues with the chrome developer tools that are pulled into GapDebug (via iframe).

Here’s what the developer tools should look like (and occasionally does when I load GapDebug)
    What it should look like

But, whenever the log gets too large, or I resize the log up to show the content, or type in the console, things get screwed up like this:
    What it actually looks like

Whenever it “breaks” like this, I can’t get it to go back up to the top of the developer tools, and have had issues getting to the bottom of the console. I end up having to close the debug session and hope that it gets put back the right way, however when doing breakpoints and testing things in the console, it breaks too often to be a workable solution.

Any help for this would be appreciated. Though I really would like the ability to pull the Developer Tools into a new window like Chrome natively lets you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #396167 Reply

support-vadim
    Participant

Hi theemberleader,

Links to the screenshot you’ve provided returns 404 to us 🙁
    So, could you please attach “What it actually looks like” image as a message’s attachment or, as an alternative, post it on any image hosting site?

Regards,
    Vadim Ridosh

#396762 Reply

harrykan2
    Participant

Hello,

I got the same issues. As soon as you get a longer log and you try to scroll it does not work. When you then just use the arrow keys to get down the top navigation disappears.

Same Setup Win8.
    Previous version was fine.

This also happens on inspect element. You can’t scroll the source and have to navigate with the arrow keys to get to the nested parts down. And depending on how deep it is, the top navigation disappears, too.

This way it is impossible to work. The only really ugly workaround I used was to ZOOM OUT until I got the info visible I need.

#396777 Reply

wayne

@harrykan2 thx for sharing. investigating this goof and will share what we learn and when a fix will be available.

#396795 Reply

wayne

@harrykan2 @theemberleader

Please see my video request for more info on this issue http://screencast.com/t/LwDcZeJVa

#396862 Reply

harrykan2
    Participant

@wayne
    Hello. 🙂 Thank you.

I got two pictures attached. The first one is on start. Everything ok so far. Scrollbar to the right exists.
    Then I just go deeper in the nested DOM elements. When the content gets too much the Scrollbar to the right just disappears. You can not navigate the CSS properties. I tried with mouse cursor marking the classes there, as well as arrow keys and scroll wheel but can’t reach the top.

Only when I leave the inspected element and get up in the content view I get back the scroll bar to the right…. which obviously does not help because I want to inspect a deeper nested element 😉

Chrome: Version 44.0.2403.125 m
    Windows: 8.1 64 Bit

More info:

1) The version you see in the screens is the previous one, which I tried to install after the latest update had these issues. But it seems that the old version did not help either. So I think it may be some issue with the chrome version and 64 Bit environment in combination.

2) Google Chrome inspect device works fine!

3) I use ionic framework:
    – Cordova CLI: 5.0.0
    – Gulp version: CLI version 3.9.0
    – Gulp local: Local version 3.9.0
    – Ionic Version: 1.0.0
    – Ionic CLI Version: 1.4.3
    – Ionic App Lib Version: 0.0.19
    – Node Version: v0.12.1

4) Google Chrome extensions active:
    – Adblock Plus 1.9.1
    – Advanced REST client 3.1.9
    – Chrome Apps & Extensions Developer Tool 0.1.18
    – Disable-Add-on for Google Analytics 1.1
    – LastPass: Free Password Manager 3.2.16

5) Hardware: ACER Aspire V3-571G with Speedlink AXON wireless mouse

6) No virus found on scan. So system itself is ok.

7) No other new software installed in the last few weeks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #396871 Reply

support-vadim
    Participant

Hi harrykan2,

Thank you for the detailed report.
    I have two questions:
    1. Do you see the problem only for you app or for any app on this device? If problem is specific to your app, could you please share APK file with us, so we can experiment with it on our side?
    2. Could you please open devtools for GD itself and check if there is something error messages in console log? Also, could you please try to open GD on clear Chrome profile (the easiest way is to open new Incognito tab in Chrome and point it to localhost:<GD port>) and check if the problem exists? As an alternative you could just change GD port to any new custom one in GD settings.

Regards,
    Vadim Ridosh

#397614 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

We were able to identify this issue and have a fix available. See this thread for details https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/gapdebug-2015-update-5-2-1-0-beta-1-available/

#397638 Reply

harrykan2
    Participant

Thank you! Problem is solved with the beta. 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Problem with GapDebug's Implementation of Chrome Developer Tools

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in