facebook

Problem with name space when adding XML elements

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am encountering a problem with the XML editor when adding elements in the Grid view. When I use the context menu to add a child element to an element, the menu displays the child elements with the wrong namespace prefix. The menus shows the child elements with the same namespace as the parent (the element I have selected when I open the context menu to add a child element.) But, the child elements have a different namespace than the parent.

When I look at the elments listed under “Add Before” or “Add After”, the namespace prefix is always the parent namespace.

I have all of the namespaces defined in the top element using xmlns attributes.

Is this a bug in the XML Editor or do I have it configured incorrectly.

I have MyEclipse 3.1.1 installed. I am running on RedHat 3 WS.

Thanks,
    Keith

#252163 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Keith,
    Can you post an example file for me and tell me exactly what to do to reproduce it and what you were expecting to see?

#252194 Reply

Posting an example would be difficult becaue it involves multiple XML schema files. Would it be possible for me to send you a zip file containing my Eclipse project? I could include instructions on how to recreate the problem.

#252203 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Absolutely, just email them to support@genuitec.com ATTN Riyad, I’ll have a look ASAP.

#252204 Reply

Thanks, I will trim it down to the essential elements and then forward it on.

#252464 Reply

I emailed gzip’d tar file to you tonight that describes and demonstrates the problem. Please let me know if you can recreate the problem.

Thanks,
    Keith

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Problem with name space when adding XML elements

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in