facebook

Problem with XDoclet Tutorial can’t find tag [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Sprint-TX

I am new to using XDoclet and find it very interesting, so I decided to follow the XDoclet Tutorial on the tutorials page to create MyXDocletWeb project. Everything seemed to go very well until I got to the part of creating the TestJsp.jsp page.

Here is the content of the source:

<%@ page language=”java” %>
    <%@ taglib uri=”/mytaglib” prefix=”mytag” %>

<html>
    <head>
    <title>I am a happy JSP page. Yeah!</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <mytag:BasicTag includePage=”true” includeBody=”true” iterate=”3″>
    Current iteration is <%=currentIter%> <br/>
    </mytag:BasicTag>
    </body>
    </html>

The system complains that it cannot find /mytaglib. I followed the directions in the tutorial and double-checked everything, still not working. Any suggestions?

#213779 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Did you actually create a custom tag library? If so where is the TLD file? What do your <taglib> entries in your web.xml file look like? Where is the class that implements the mytag taglibrary?

#213795 Reply

Sprint-TX

Actually, I solved it myself. What I needed to do was go and upgrade MyEclipse using the quickfix patch. After that was done, I removed the <% @page laguage=”java” %> line from the JSP file, saved it, re-added it, and saved again. All the errors vanished and I was able to deploy and test with no issues.

Seems a bit strange to me the behaviour of the application, but at least it worked.

#213797 Reply

Riyad Kalla

That is strange, but I’m glad its working now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Problem with XDoclet Tutorial can’t find tag [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in