facebook

Problems deploying to local drive from network drive

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’am using a network drive to store my workspace. On my local drive I’ve installed MyEclipse 6 + Tomcat. Deploying from my network drive to my local drive does not work if the time of my computer is out of sync with the time on the server. For example:

– The time on my pc is 3 minutes in the future.
    – I make changes to a jsp file.

The changed jsp file is only deployed to my local drive if the timestamp of the jspfile on my local drive is lesser than the timestamp of the jsp file on the network drive (workspace). But the new timestamp of the changed jsp file on my local drive is again 3 minutes in the future. So I’ve to wait for 3 minutes between making changes to see MyEclipse deploy the changes to my local drive.

There’s no warning/error that the change isn’t deployed, so it took me some time to figure out that this was the deployment problem I was facing.

Why is this timestamp check implemented? Can’t you just deploy every change without considering the timestamp?

Thanks,

Teun Hoogendoorn

#295620 Reply

wdr

Hi,

Same problem here! Solution anyone?

Grz WdR

#295627 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys, determing what changes to deploy is done by checking the timestamp — to do this without the timestamp means we would have to consider snapshots of file contents against each other, almost like a CVS diff operation which is magnitudes more expensive to computer — to deploy simple changes for a large project would peg the CPU and Disk and take a incredibly long time.

So this is operating by-design. I would suggest just bumping your local clock forward to match the servers in that case.

#295631 Reply

rmcvay

Sounds like you guys need to make your network folks know there are time servers out there that can remedy this situation.

#295654 Reply

Thank you for your reply.

The time server is indeed a solution to this problem (I’ve ask our guys to set this up). But my main
    concern is that there’s no warning that the deployment is out of sync.

Thanks again,

Teun Hoogendoorn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Problems deploying to local drive from network drive

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in