facebook

procedure for adding a tag lib that’s another project?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dickon

I have two projects, one a tag library complete with TLD, the other the web application that uses this tag lib. How do I set up my MyEclipse project (the web app) so that it will automatically add the tag lib project to the web app’s classpath (i.e.: copy the necessary classes to the WEB-INF/classes dir or the taglib.jar to the WEB-INF/lib dir plus copy the taglib.tld to the WEB-INF dir)?

Other then my confusion with incorporating two projects like this, everything about MyEclipse looks promising!

JDG

#196826 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Good question. The short answer is that the process is not automated, yet. Dependent project inclusion at deployment will be one of the first features we implement after the GA release tomorrow. We know it’s important, but we just haven’t gotten to it yet.

The easiest workaround right now is to export your taglib project in an appropriate jar format and set the target to be the WEB-INF/lib directory of the web project that uses it. When you perform the jar for the first time, be sure to save the .jardesc so you can just run it directly from then on. Or, you can just write a simple ant script to do the jar and appropriate copies yourself.

Automated relief is coming soon. Stay tuned.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: procedure for adding a tag lib that’s another project?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in