facebook

Profile Contains Errors in MyEclipse 8.6

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ignaciom

Redirected from Pulse forums:
    Ramin.

Hi,
    we are using MyEclipse 8.6 and applying 3 outstanding changes in MyEclipse Configuration Center displays the below errors. From the error messages, can you determine the root cause and how to fix it?

Please note that I’m using ME from behind a firewall and have no access to external sites to download external plugins. My ultimate goals are to clear the errors, remove some of the plugins that I do not use and install a couple of plugins that are available from within the company.

Software being installed: MyEclipse 8.6 (Profile) 2.0.0.0000000005 (com.poweredbypulse.profile-1084562-rb-578452-1285080341192 2.0.0.0000000005)
    Missing requirement: MyEclipse 8.6 (Profile) 2.0.0.0000000005 (com.poweredbypulse.profile-1084562-rb-578452-1285080341192 2.0.0.0000000005) requires ‘com.genuitec.myeclipse.jboss.feature.group [7.9.100,8.9.100)’ but it could not be found

#322164 Reply

support-joy

Ramin,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Could you provide below details to help me investigate further –
    1. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details and copy and paste the same here
    2. In case you are behind firewall / proxy, you can setup the same here – window > preferences > general > network connections
    3. Please elaborate how did you get the issue?: What plugins did you remove and what plugins were you trying to add to MyEclipse? How did you add plugins? Using update site / local site / dropins? Please clarify.
    4. Please attach .log file located at [workspace dir]/.metadata/.log

#322197 Reply

Ramin

@support-joy wrote:

1. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details and copy and paste the same here

*** Date: 
    Monday, January 9, 2012 10:05:59 AM EST

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_20

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 8.6
    Build id: 8.6-20100806

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 8.6
    Build id: 8.6-20100806

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    --launcher.library
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
    -startup
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
    -exitdata
    1094_50
    -install
    C:/Program Files/Genuitec/MyEclipse-8.6
    -configuration
    configuration
    -workspace
    C:\p4-DDM2\depot\FI\ddm\branches
    -data
    C:\p4-DDM2\depot\FI\ddm\branches
    -vm
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\bin\javaw.exe

@support-joy wrote:

2. In case you are behind firewall / proxy, you can setup the same here – window > preferences > general > network connections

I have, but we are not allowed to download or install anything from outside of the firm.

@support-joy wrote:

3. Please elaborate how did you get the issue?: What plugins did you remove and what plugins were you trying to add to MyEclipse? How did you add plugins? Using update site / local site / dropins? Please clarify.

(I will disappoint you on these questions.)
    – I am able to remove feratures I do not use (JRun, JOnAS, etc.) by simply unchecking the options on the Dashboard tab.
    – I recall I was getting errors on ClearCase (we do not use and the internal support team removed it for me by removing the jars).
    – I was also having issues with Perforce (which we do use), and it had a wrong URL. I attempted to remove it to add: http://www.perforce.com/downloads/http/p4-eclipse/install/3.5
    (we are allowed to install Perforce since we already use it.)
    – I think (but not sure) that the removal of the below plugins are causing the below errors:
    1. com.perforce.p4wsad
    2. com.perforce.pwsad.java.galileo
    3. net.sourceforge.eclipseccase

@support-joy wrote:

4. Please attach .log file located at [workspace dir]/.metadata/.log

attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #322208 Reply

support-joy

Ramin,

Indeed the issues pointed in the .log file refers to plugins which were recently removed. I think there are references left out in your current workspace which are referring to the deleted plugins. I would recommend you open a new workspace, clear your .log file and retry.

#322215 Reply

Ramin

Hi,

thank you for looking into this.

I understand recreating WS is general fix all method noted on many responses on the forum (reminiscent of Windows issues.)

However, this will require too many steps, it’s time consuming and error prone — I’ll likely have to resetup my projects in ME, ME configurations, may lose settings).

Is there away to remove references to the jars in my profile?

!MESSAGE Error reading feature http://eclipse-ccase.sourceforge.net/update/features/net.sourceforge.eclipseccase_2.2.9.201106222030.jar.
    !MESSAGE Error reading feature http://eclipse-ccase.sourceforge.net/update/features/net.sourceforge.eclipseccase_2.2.3.v201005270722.jar.
    !MESSAGE Error reading feature http://eclipse-ccase.sourceforge.net/update/features/net.sourceforge.eclipseccase_2.0.0.dev1.jar.
    !MESSAGE Error reading feature http://eclipse-ccase.sourceforge.net/update/features/net.sourceforge.eclipseccase_1.0.0.201005271244.jar.

#322284 Reply

Ramin

Hi,

Kindly provide the steps for the below question:

Is there away to remove references to the jars in my profile?

#322294 Reply

support-joy

Ramin,

It looks like the plugins in question may have been “removed” without un-installing, You can install another instance of MyEclipse and add relevant plugins needed. To do this, double click on the MyEclipse installer file and choose the option to install another copy of MyEclipse.
    Alternatively, have the support team put the jars back and then uninstall the plug-ins properly.

Let me know how this works for you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Profile Contains Errors in MyEclipse 8.6

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in