facebook

Progress description in status bar unreadable

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mauromol
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m a loyal user of Darkest Dark. Today I upgraded from Eclipse 2021-12 to 2022-06 and I see there’s still a long standing issue.
    Using Kubuntu 20.04, Eclipse 2022-06, latest Darkest Dark with Deep Black theme.
    The progress indication in the bottom right corner of the status bar is using a grey font over a black background, while other areas of the status bar are correctly using white text on the black background. See the attached screenshot.

Can this be fixed? As I said, this is a long standing issue. I was wondering whether this has to do with KDE or whatever.

Well, to be honest there’s also another minor glitch (which can be seen in the attached screenshot, as well). The small floating progress bar on the right of the grey text I mentioned above has a grey horizontal rectangle on its top (so it looks like the progress background is 2x high – compare it with the blue little progress bar). I suspect this is something that is inherited from Eclipse itself and which is not visible with Eclipse standard Dark theme just because the background color with the default Dark theme is… grey, indeed.

Thanks,
    Mauro

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by mauromol.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #683370 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for your continued love for DevStyle.
    We do have some UI related issues on Ubuntu which are not targeted yet. I will try to replicate this one at my end and file a report for the dev team for further investigation.

Quick check : Do you see the same issues with Darkest Dark i.e Dark Gray as well?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#683372 Reply

mauromol
    Participant

Oh, well, it just happened a strange thing. I changed the color theme from Deep Black to Dark Gray (Darkest Dark) and restarted Eclipse as prompted. After restarting, I saw that progress text in white (so: correctly readable!) but after some moments it switched to gray font and became not readable any more.
    So the answer is: yes, the unreadable text issue exists even on Dark Gray, although I saw it being correct for some seconds after restart.

The second problem regarding the double-height progress bar also exists on Dark Gray, too: in this case, I haven’t seen any improvement even just after restarting.

#683373 Reply

mauromol
    Participant

Seems to be reproducible: the status description is readable for some moments after restarting Eclipse (“Initializing Java Tooling…”), then becomes unreadable after a couple of seconds and stays unreadable for the rest of the time.

#683508 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I could replicate the reported issues at my end.
    I have filed a bug report for the dev team to work on it. We will keep you posted when the fix is out.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#683514 Reply

mauromol
    Participant

Looking forward to hearing from you, thank you!

#683823 Reply

mauromol
    Participant

Hi Swapna,
    I would like to report another long-standing issue.
    Again, using the Deep Black color theme. Try to open the inline search widget and look at the cursor: you’ll see it’s quite invisible.

I’m attaching a screenshot: as you can see, the cursor is just a 1-pixel-wide grey vertical bar on a black background.
    The inline search is just an example, but in general the problem applies to all input text components in dialogs (try to open the regular search dialog with Ctrl+H or else the Window | Preferences dialog).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #683881 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot. We are looking into it.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Progress description in status bar unreadable

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in