facebook

Project Capabilities missing in ME 6.5 GA

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi:
    I have recently updated my 6.0.1 installation of ME using the archived update site. When I restart Eclipse, I noticed that there are a few project capabilities missing:
    – Hibernate
    – JPA
    – Report (I don’t think that I have this installed, so it is a problem on my end)
    – Spring

When I did install ME using the standalone installer, I noticed the differences. Can you please help?

#286293 Reply

Loyal Water

When I did install ME using the standalone installer, I noticed the differences. Can you please help?

You got 6.5 to work with the All in One installer but archive site update is not working for you?

Are there any errors recorded under <workspace>/.metadata/.log file?

Try using using the -clean command and check if the capabilities show up:-
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

#286306 Reply

Yes, I have been using the -clean command line option when starting Eclipse. There are errors under the <workspace>/.metadata/.log file. Is there anything in particular I should be lookiing for? The file is way too large to post in this thread.

#286308 Reply

Loyal Water

Actually shut down myeclipse, erase the .log file then start it back up. It will get re-created.

Also, go to Help> Software Update > Manage Config, and let me know if any plugins or features have error markers next to them (failed to load).

You can right-click on the error ones, if there are any, and go down to Properties > Status and tell me why it’s not loading.

#286395 Reply

Nipun:
    I solved the issue. The eclipse installation that I had updated to ME 6.5 had SpringIDE plugins already installed. Removing all of the Spring IDE plugins and features seems to have brought back all of the project capabilities.

#286415 Reply

Loyal Water

Thanks for letting me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Project Capabilities missing in ME 6.5 GA

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in