facebook

Publish of Tomcat server does not un-deploy app if project is closed

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dwight
    Participant

Using ME 2016 CI 4. The problem is that a deployed webapp is left in the /webapps folder even after it is removed from the Tomcat v7 Server in the ME Servers window, and the Server ‘published’, so the status is ‘Synchronized’.
    The steps to recreate seem to be this:
    – deploy the webapp and publish the server – the app is deployed to /webapps.
    – in the Server window, remove the app.
    – Close the project.
    – Publish the Server.
    At this point the app is still deployed, and will actually run just fine if the Server is started.

The issue seems to be the order of closing the project vs Publish on the server. If I do the Publish first, it removes the deployed app. Closing the project first, then publishing, leaves the app deployed.

This is really annoying. It took me a bit of experimenting to figure out why my app was being left deployed, as I am frequently switching projects, and usually don’t think about the particular order of steps I use.

#490637 Reply

support-swapna

Dwight,

Thank you for pointing to this issue. I could replicate it at my end. I have filed a bug for the dev team and they are looking into it.We will keep you posted about the fix.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#492466 Reply

support-swapna

Dwight,

The closed project undeployment issue is fixed in MyEclipse 2016 CI 5. Please update to CI 5 from Help > Check for Updates and check.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#493396 Reply

Dwight
    Participant

Confirmed that CI 5 fixed this issue for me – Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Publish of Tomcat server does not un-deploy app if project is closed

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in