facebook

Questions Pending The Purchase Of MobiOne: CLOSED

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

rbarth

I’m in the process of Obtaining an Apple Development liience and plan to purchase MobiOne. I have a few days left on my Free Trial. However, I have three questions I want to clarified.

1.) the APP which MobiOne builds will be one that can be made available via the iTunes Store. True or false?

2.) I have to compile the app using the MobiOne interface?

2.) The app does not run in a browser, but instead it runs directly on top of the IOS. True or False?

#322950 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@rbarth

>1.) the APP which MobiOne builds will be one that can be made available via the iTunes Store. True or false?
    True

>2.) I have to compile the app using the MobiOne interface?
    True

>2.) The app does not run in a browser, but instead it runs directly on top of the IOS. True or False?
    True, sort of…
    disclaimer: MobiOne apps are based on the popular hyrbid app architecture using the phonegap/cordova framework. In a nutshell the app logic is implemented as a webapp that is packaged with in the binary iOS app and loaded at runtime into an embedded HTML5 rendering widget (WebView). In addition to loading the webapp quickly in a native launch experience, the webapp has access to many of the native app features via a javascript api bridge. This type of app is conforms to the appstore requirements.

#322953 Reply

rbarth

It all sounds good to me.

Althought I tried to AJAX a <table> into a MobiOne Panel, but the results in the test center where not formated as a table.
    I am able to use HTML but not <table><tr><td>….

First let me say that the product is great!!!! But…. I have to play the devils advicate here for a minute. Once the app is built and it’s on the iTunes Store, the running of the App on an iDevice [ Does or Does Not ] depend on any external software, such like the loading of software/javascript /CSS from a remote machine . I guess I want be sure what I’m getting into by building the app using MobiOne. If for some unforseen reason, MobiOne no longer exists, will the app still run. Sorry for the question, I like to keep things positive, but I want to be sure of what I’m getting into.

#322957 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@rbarth

>I am able to use HTML but not <table><tr><td>….

We discussed a css mod to make manually added HTML tables render correctly. There is a css tweak that I can post.

> I have to play the devils advicate here for a minute. Once the app is built and it’s on the iTunes Store, the running of the App on an iDevice [ Does or Does Not ] depend on any external software, such like the loading of software/javascript /CSS from a remote machine

Hey Lucifer 😉
    By default MobiOne apps are build self contained with all of their executable code and have no runtime dependency on remote MobiOne services. But since the core of the app is an HTML webapp it is possible to load remote pages/scripts. Yet such apps violate the itunes appstore policies and will be rejected in the review process.

#323006 Reply

rbarth

Great! that takes care of all my concerns.
    After the initial purchase, I suspect upgrades will come along.
    Is the upgrade pricing similar to the purchae pricing of $99.00. If it varies from upgrade to upgrade a genral price range for the MobiOne upgrade is suficient.

#323007 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@rbarth

I don’t know the projected upgrade pricing yet. But I do know that upgrades will be heavily discounted from the base price.

#323117 Reply

rbarth

That sounds good to me.
    We can close this thread. I’d do it, but can see how

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Questions Pending The Purchase Of MobiOne: CLOSED

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in