facebook

Quick Comments from the linux side on m4m m2

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jeremiah

1) Wow, this is really nice to use. I’ve used Jigaloo,VE, and a host of others, this is just plain slick. Fast and intuitive.

2) The code generation is horendous. We have codeing standards here, that will prevent us from using this. I’ve gotten used to all of my variables in a for being instaniated with in there own private methods. I can’t figure out how to do this. Because of this, I’m not really sure where to put my code. We are a very stict MVC kinda shop. Generally we pass a model to the view repeatedly and set all of the tables and fields accordingly each time if needed. Buttons are tied to Action classes etc. Iguess I’ve gotten very used to knowing were to look for things.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble. I was just wondering if perhaps, there will be some more robust options for the generated code.

Thanx.
    -jj-

#254590 Reply

jeremiah

3) refactoring doesn’t work. If I rename a variabnle in the form editor and the code I wrote in the class depends on it, it will not be updated to match.

#254787 Reply

jeremiah

I didn’t find a way to edit tables and their layouts. Of course this can be done by hand, but it would be rather nice to not have to.

Also, in reference to my first post, I spaced out and the term I was looking for was encapsulation. I would really appreciate it if the code that was generated could be done in an encapsulated fashion. This would give us a way to set data models for tables, extend them with our own classes etc. It also gives us a nice way to get to each field in a garenteed non null fashion. The only thing I worry aboujt is that the generated methods might be over written when changing the form. That would be a bad thing ™. Am I correct in thinking that you don’t have much control over the matisse code since it’s tied to netbeans? You all are just another couple of coders on the mailing list? Or have you forked it more or less, and then applying your patches back to the base?

#255123 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This message has not been recovered.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Quick Comments from the linux side on m4m m2

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in