facebook

"Help – Eclipse Platform" window is empty [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rborg

After installing MyEclipse 2.5 (Win XP Home, Eclipse 2.1.1, JDK 1.4.2), when I try to bring up the HELP window (main menu ‘HELP’, option ‘Help Contents’), the window that comes up is completely empty — not even a horizontal separator frame.

I tried the install again — same result. I de-installed MyEclipse, then reinstalled — same result.

(NOTE: I tried the install to a 2nd system running Win2000 Pro, Eclilpse 2.1.1, JDK 1.4.2, and this is fine.)

Any clues on the Win XP problem? Any help greatly appreciated…

#197308 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

We do quite a bit of testing on Windows XP Professional, but not on the Home edition. However, I doubt this is the problem. Are you certain that the version and build of Eclipse is identical and that the version on the Home machine isn’t a slimmed down release? How many plugins are in the Eclipse plugins directory that begin with org.eclipse.pde.*? Does the standard Eclipse help show up without MyEclipse installed? Are there any errors in the log file (<workspace>/.metadata/.log)? If they look relavant, please send the log file to support@myelcipseide.com

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197311 Reply

rborg

I don’t have both systems before me — just the Dell, but I will check regarding the build. I’m fairly certain they have the same build (#200306271545 on the Dell) but I will check and report back. I’ll check into the other questions as well.

Here is one thing I am sure of — on the XP system, Eclipse Help worked prior to the MyEclipse install. When I deinstalled MyEclipse, I did check to see if the Help system was back to normal — it wasn’t.

I’ll check the log file as well…

Thanks and I’ll be posting back later.

#197329 Reply

rborg

OK, I went and checked out the Win XP system … its working now! It wasn’t b4.

What I did was reboot the machine and presto — I have a help system.

Sorry for the noise and bandwidth.

#197472 Reply

jjesena

The same thing happened to me and I’m on Windows 2000. Problem was solved after I removed some unneeded JAR files in my jre/lib/ext directory – this took a while to figure out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: "Help – Eclipse Platform" window is empty [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in