facebook

"System font" different if installed via Pulse or

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

delfuego

I’ve encountered a weird bug on OS X — if I install MyEclipse via Pulse, my fonts look very different than they do if I install MyEclipse into an existing Eclipse install via Software Updates. (I’m running OS X 10.5.4.) This bug occurs using the same workspace between the two different types of installation, so it’s an issue that’s not dealt with via preferences that are stored in my workspace.

If I install MyEclipse using Software Updates (either with a remote site or a local archive), it appears that all my font settings that are set to their default of using the “system font” end up using Lucida Grande, 11 point. (This is installing MyEclipse onto a base of Eclipse 3.3.1, straight from the Eclipse distribution site.)

If I install MyEclipse using the Pulse installer, all my font settings that are set to their default of using the “system font” end up using Lucida Grande, 13 point — much larger.

Why is this? What setting is getting passed into the Eclipse version that gets installed via Pulse that tells it to use a larger font? (Or what setting is passed into the stock Eclipse 3.3.1 install that tells it to use a smaller font?)

This is pretty frustrating, needless to say, since these are apparently font prefs that don’t come along for the ride in my workspace, meaning that now I have to go through and make tons of changes to my font prefs.

Any ideas?

#287578 Reply

Loyal Water

delfuego,
    I have asked someone from the dev team to look into this. I’ll get back to you with an update asap. Thank you for your patience.

#287864 Reply

delfuego

Have you guys had any further thoughts on this? I’ve avoided installing MyEclipse 6.5 via Pulse until I get some idea how to fix this…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: "System font" different if installed via Pulse or

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in