facebook

"Update Progress" has encountered a problem

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi,

When I open MyEclipse IDE, I am getting error message “Update Progress has encountered a problem”.When I go into details , cause seems java null pointer exception .
    log is in the attachment.

Installation details:

*** Date:
    Monday, 1 August 2011 09:30:24 o’clock EEST

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 9.0
    Build id: 9.0-20110318

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 9.0
    Build id: 9.0-20110318

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse 9\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse 9\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.i18n.win32.win32.x86_3.2.0.v201103301700\eclipse_3215.dll
    -startup
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse 9\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar
    -install
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse 9
    -configuration
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse 9\configuration
    -vm
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #318568 Reply

support-joy

deryaaltuntas,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Looks like you are running into configuration issues. I would recommend you try out -clean. Please refer – https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

In case this is still an issue, I have to recommend you to upgrade to MyEclipse 9.1 using pulse. Here are the steps –
    1. Open Pulse (Start > Programs > Pulse > Pulse Explorer or open C:\Program Files\Genuitec\Pulse Explorer\pulse-explorer.exe)
    2. Login to pulse. You can also login anonymously
    3. Select “Eclipse – Helios” realm from top left hand corner dropdown
    4. Select “MyEclipse 9” from “My Profiles”
    5. Right click on MyEclipse 9 and click on [re-install and run]
    6. This will open a wizard which will guide you through the rest of the steps

Let me know how this works for you.

#318580 Reply

support-joy
    I added following line to myeclipse.ini.
    eclipse.exe -clean

Now I am not able to save any changes in my code.Every action result with an error.
    I am not sure if I upgrade My Eclipse, my environment will be ok.

#318591 Reply

support-joy

deryaaltuntas,

The configuration issue you are facing is fixed in Eclipse 3.6 M3 – refer https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?format=multiple&id=282329

MyEclipse 9.1 is based on Eclipse 3.6.1 which includes the fix. Please upgrade to ME 9.1 and let me know how this works for you.

Best.

#318592 Reply

I upgraded MyEclipse 9.1.But nothing is changed.
    I am able to do nothing.

#318593 Reply

support-joy

deryaaltuntas,

Sorry to hear you are still facing this issue. Could you copy and paste the contents of myeclipse.ini here?

#318594 Reply

I read from a post that if form stays open before closing MyEclipse, such errors can be arised.Do you think if errors can be related to this?

This is myeclipse.ini file
    #utf8 (do not remove)
    -startup
    ../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar
    –launcher.library
    ../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.i18n.win32.win32.x86_3.2.0.v201103301700
    -install
    -vm
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll
    -configuration
    -vmargs
    -Xmx512m
    -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
    -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m

#318595 Reply

I read from a post that if form stays open before closing MyEclipse, such errors can be arised.Do you think if errors can be related to this?

This is myeclipse.ini file
    #utf8 (do not remove)
    -startup
    ../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar
    –launcher.library
    ../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.i18n.win32.win32.x86_3.2.0.v201103301700
    -install
    -vm
    -configuration
    -vmargs
    -Xmx512m
    -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
    -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m

#318596 Reply

I have tested it.It works for a while.Now I am getting “save failed” error again.

#318597 Reply

support-joy

deryaaltuntas,

What is the form you are referring here? Could you elaborate the steps that result in issues. Type of project you have created, form opened, etc

I have tested it.It works for a while.Now I am getting “save failed” error again.

Please clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate issue and attach .log file.
    Also upload your support bundle. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on Help > MyEclipse Configuration Center. Click on “Create Support Bundle” icon listed in *About this Profile* section. Please see attached screenshot. Please include ATTN:Joy and weblink of this post in the description field for quick tracing.

Attachments:
    #318599 Reply

What is the form you are referring here?

Assume that any Matisse Form is open when you close MyEclipse
    Then when you start MyEclipse , exception occurs, update progress fails.

Now I am not able to get error.I will send you log as soon as exception occurs

#318610 Reply

Error is regenerated.I have done nothing special to create error.
    .I just started MyEclipse and got error.
    Log is in the attachment.

I think that I have also uploaded support bundle.
    Bundle id:7952-jcb-5415

Attachments:
    #318648 Reply

support-joy

deryaaltuntas,

Thank you for the .log file and uploading the support bundle. Are you using Maven? If not, I suggest you remove the said feature from MyEclipse configuration center. Here is what you do –
    1. Open Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Maven4MyEclipse. Uncheck the checkbox – “Enable Maven4MyEclipse Features”, click on [Apply] and [OK]
    2. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on Help > MyEclipse Configuration Center > Dashboard tab. Uncheck the checkbox – “Maven support for MyEclipse” and follow the wizard. When prompted, please choose to restart the IDE

Also open myeclipse.ini located in your MyEclipse installation dir. Increase -Xmx argument to -Xmx768m this should help you with the MyEclipse startup.

Based on your support bundle, I see that you have added Subversion 1.6 using either local site or local archived update site. Could you remove the same and retry. Instead of using local site, try to install using Quick-Add Popular Plug-ins. Let me know how this works for you.

#318658 Reply

I have done all things except one.

Based on your support bundle, I see that you have added Subversion 1.6 using either local site or local archived update site

I installed Subversion using pulse.But I remember that before installing using pulse,
    I had tried local site.But I could not succeed. I could not understand why support bundle
    shows this

#318659 Reply

support-joy

deryaaltuntas,

I installed Subversion using pulse.But I remember that before installing using pulse,
    I had tried local site.But I could not succeed. I could not understand why support bundle
    shows this

You may not have removed it from your profile. To verify, do the following – open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on Help > MyEclipse Configuration Center > Software tab. Under Browse Software > Personal Software – look for the local update site(Make sure you scroll down and look for the said subversive plugin added through local update site). Right click on the same and click on [remove] and follow the wizard.

Are you all set with your initial issue of “update progress” has encountered a problem?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: "Update Progress" has encountered a problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in