facebook

Random ClassNotFoundException using Tomcat 7 MyEclipse 2015 CI 19

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ronwer
    Participant

Running Tomcat 7 installed with MyEclipse 2015 Ci 19 and I periodically get ClassNotFoundExceptions for classes I know are there. I stop tomcat, right click on Tomcat and select Clean (redeploy) and then restart tomcat. Web application always works fine for a while, including class it just said it couldn’t load. Eventually, the web application will encounter errors as tomcat starts throwing ClassNotFoundException again.

This only occurs in MyEclipse running Tomcat in Debug mode. We never have this problem in production standalone Tomcat. It’s easy to recover, just clean and restart, but is getting rather annoying as it happens throughout the day as I’m coding and making changes. We’ve used MyEclipse for several years and this has not been a problem in the past. Problem started happening maybe 4 months ago.

#471429 Reply

support-swapna

ronwer,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please give us some more information?

1. Do you see the issue during hot deployment of code ? Do you remember performing any specific actions like editing/saving JSPs/Java classes just before the exceptions?

2. To rule out file locking issues, can you please check the antiResourceLocking attribute value in the Tomcat context.xml : https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html

3. If possible, can you please check if the issue persists with the in-built MyEclipse Tomcat 7 server as well ?

4. Clear the contents of the .log file located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log, replicate the issue and send us the .log file along with the Tomcat logs for further investigation.Also share with us the exact steps you are following to replicate the issue.

5. Please share the MyEclipse Installation Details from menu MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details along with the exact version details of Tomcat server.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#471652 Reply

ronwer
    Participant

Thank you for responding,

1. yes, it happens after making java program source code changes. However, it does not always happen. I may make changes to multiple programs for an hour just fine, and then all the sudden I’ll start seeing the exceptions.
    2. I do not see the antiResourceLocking attribuite in the context.html file. I am running the default MyEclipse built-in Tomcat 7.
    3. I only see the error in the built-in Tomcat 7. I do not see the error when running Tomcat outside of MyEclipse and the development environment.
    4. .log file attached and console output of Tomcat attached.
    When it happened today, I had been running tomcat for a few hours without issue, also making program changes and testing screens using browser, without stopping or restarting Tomcat. After lunch break I started making changes again and testing and the ClassNotFoundException occurred.
    5. Installation summary attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #471655 Reply

ronwer
    Participant

.log file attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #471718 Reply

support-swapna

ronwer,

Thank you for the details and the log files.

While we investigate the issue at our end, can you please configure an external installation of Tomcat 7 in MyEclipse (Right click in the Servers view > New > Server > Tomcat > Tomcat 7) and check if the issue persists?

Please also clarify if you are seeing the issue only when working with a specific project to rule out project specific issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#472181 Reply

ronwer
    Participant

I configured and used an external Tomcat 7 most of the day yesterday and did not experience any issues. I will continue to use the external Tomcat and let you know if the error ever occurs.

In reference to other projects, I don’t really have another project with a web application to test. Although I can confirm that another developer is seeing this same error on his machine working in this same project.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Random ClassNotFoundException using Tomcat 7 MyEclipse 2015 CI 19

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in