facebook

Re-deployment not automatic

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

CS Tan
    Participant

After I made some code changes and re-deploy, the application doesn’t automatically start. I have to perform a fully re-deployment.

Below is the message after I click on the re-deployment.

[3/12/11 4:16:31:019 GMT] 00000070 ServletWrappe I SRVE0253I: [Belsize] [/BelsizeWeb] [JS Resource Servlet]: Destroy successful.
    [3/12/11 4:16:31:020 GMT] 00000070 ServletWrappe I SRVE0253I: [Belsize] [/BelsizeWeb] [Faces Servlet_tmp]: Destroy successful.
    [3/12/11 4:16:31:061 GMT] 00000070 EJBContainerI I WSVR0041I: Stopping EJB jar: BelsizeEJB.jar
    [3/12/11 4:16:31:070 GMT] 00000070 EJBContainerI I WSVR0059I: EJB jar stopped: BelsizeEJB.jar
    [3/12/11 4:16:31:073 GMT] 00000070 ApplicationMg A WSVR0220I: Application stopped: Belsize
    [3/12/11 4:16:34:301 GMT] 00000070 AppBinaryProc E ADMA7024E: Distribution of application Belsize failed. Task com.ibm.ws.management.application.sync.AddBinaryTask failed with exception AddBinaryTask failed on fineGrainUpdate..
    [3/12/11 4:16:34:304 GMT] 00000070 FileRepositor A ADMR0009I: Document cells/admin-PCNode01Cell/applications/Belsize.ear/deltas/Belsize/delta-1299903385152 is created.
    [3/12/11 4:16:34:305 GMT] 00000070 FileRepositor A ADMR0010I: Document cells/admin-PCNode01Cell/applications/Belsize.ear/deployments/Belsize/deployment.xml is modified.
    [3/12/11 4:16:34:307 GMT] 00000070 FileRepositor A ADMR0010I: Document cells/admin-PCNode01Cell/applications/Belsize.ear/Belsize.ear is modified.

#315199 Reply

support-joy

joejess,

Can you answer below queries –

1. Can you copy and paste your installation details? Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details
    2. What is the application server you are trying to redeploy?
    3. What are the code changes you are making? JSP/Java classes?
    4. What is the type of project you are working on?

#315685 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

Hi,

1) *** Date:
    Friday, April 1, 2011 4:20:38 PM SGT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsVista
    OS version=6.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Blue Edition
    Version: 8.6.1 Blue
    Build id: 8.6.1-Blue-20101117

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Blue Edition

Version: 8.6.1 Blue
    Build id: 8.6.1-Blue-20101117

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse-Blue-Edition-8.6\myeclipse-blue.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse-blue
    –launcher.library
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse-Blue-Edition-8.6\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
    -startup
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse-Blue-Edition-8.6\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
    -install
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse-Blue-Edition-8.6
    -configuration
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse-Blue-Edition-8.6\configuration
    -vm
    C:/Users/admin/AppData/Local/Genuitec/Common/binary/com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013/jre/bin/client/jvm.dll

2) Websphere Express 6.1

3) Java classes

4) EJB and Web

#315692 Reply

support-swapna

joejess,

Thank you for the information.

Can you answer some more questions for me to be able to replicate it at my end?

1) What is the J2EE Specification Level for your EAR project?

2) Is your application deployed in exploded mode or packaged mode ?

3) Share a screen shot of your Websphere server connector settings.

4) Can you please set the server in Classic mode,deploy your application in exploded mode and check if the issue persists?

5) Here is a tutorial which briefs on working with EAR projects. Can you check if the sample project discussed here is running fine at your end?

http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/earprojects/

6) If issue persists then please give detail steps on how you configured the server and deployed the application.

Let me know how it works for you.

#315719 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

Hi,

1) Where can I check the J2EE Specification Level my EAR project?

2) Exploded mode.

3)

4) Already in Classic mode,and deployed application in exploded mode. But when I amend in EJB and WEB codes, it doesn’t seems to get re-deployed.

5) Will try it out and let you know if its ok.

#315725 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

Hi,

5) Not able to Add deployment for the sample project. I encounter the following error.

An internal error occurred during: “Add Deployment”.

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere61.Websphere61Manager.containsEAR50ProjectWithEJB30Module(Websphere61Manager.java:437)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere61.Websphere61Manager.getScriptFileForEARDeployment(Websphere61Manager.java:427)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.BaseWebsphereManager.deployEAR(BaseWebsphereManager.java:378)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere61.Websphere61Manager.deployEAR(Websphere61Manager.java:406)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.BaseWebsphereManager.deployApplication(BaseWebsphereManager.java:235)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.deploy.LocalServerDeploymentStrategy.deploy(LocalServerDeploymentStrategy.java:94)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.WebsphereServer.afterDeployment(WebsphereServer.java:441)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.�(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.deploy(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.jobs.A.�(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.jobs.A.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.6.0_13
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

#315808 Reply

support-swapna

joejess,

Apologies. There is some problem with the sample project in the tutorial.

1) When you expand your EJB you can see the version of libraries added. For J2EE 1.3, J2EE 1.3 libraries are added. WAS 6.1 does’nt support projects higher than J2EE 1.3.

2) I cannot see the image. Here is an FAQ on how to upload attachments on forums.
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshooting-how-to-upload-attachments-on-forum/

3) Is your server originally configured in the Enhanced Mode and then switched to Classic Mode? If yes then remove the profile and then during the initial setup with the wizard set the server to “Classic” mode.

4) After you make the code changes and save it, does the application status in the Servers view change to Redeploy?

5) Clear the contents of the .log file which is located at < workspace dir>/.metadata/.log.Can you create a new EAR project with minimum files,deploy it to the WAS 6.1 and try replicating the issue ? Check the .log file for any errors of interest. Paste them here for me.

#315838 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

Hi,

5) Done 1) to 4) send to you by PM. I deploy to WAS 6.1and amend on EJB and WEB project and saved. Re-deployment still not automatic. I have checked <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log. There is no logs recorded.

#315919 Reply

support-swapna

joejess,

I am extremely sorry for the confusion. We do not support Websphere Express. We support Websphere Application Server.
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

#315956 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry for the wrong info. I added the websphere server through My Eclipse > Servers > WebSphere – Blue Connectors > WebSphere 6.1

#315989 Reply

support-swapna

joejess,

Can you check something for me?

1) Do you have the same problem with other projects as well? Can you check the same for a Web project ?

2) Start the IDE with – clean as argument. Here is a FAQ for using clean :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/
    Switch to a new workspace, import your project and check if you see the same issue.

3) If yes then send us your project. Send it through [pm] or send email to support@genuitec.com with reference to the post weblink and ATTN:swapna in the subject

#316047 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

Hi,

1) Yes, I experiencing the same for Web project as well. Amend the codes and save, doesn’t seems to get redeployed.

2) I have try your suggestion to open Myeclipse Blue with -clean and try amending the codes and save. Still the same.

Note: I monitor the Progress view, when I save after amending, I saw Building Workspace and it disappears off very fast, about 1 second.

Is it so that whenever I amend the codes and save, I should see something in the Console view and at the Server view, the status of the project under WebSphere 6.1 should be changed to Redeploy?

#316050 Reply

support-swapna

joejess,

1) Amending and saving the code for JSP will not show any action in Console view in exploded deployment. The moment you refresh your browser, you should see the changes.

2) When you make changes to the java source files and save, you will see statements in the console view which shows a load and initialization of the project.

Can you do some more steps for me ?

1) Switch to a new workspace.Right click on your Websphere Server in the Server’s view and click on ‘View Deployment Log’. Clear the contents of the log file and save it.

2) Go to MyEclipse > Examples On Demand. Install the SimpleJSPExample to your workspace and deploy to the server in exploded mode.

a) Make changes to the JSP page.Save it. Refresh the browser. Do you see your changes ?
    b) Now make changes to the MyJavaClass.java. Save it. Do you see any activity in the console view ? Refresh the browser and check if you see your changes.

3) If you still do not see your changes, please send me the deployment log file for the Websphere server.

Let me know how it works for you.

#316062 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I installed SimpleJSPExample to a new workspace and deployed the Web project in exploded mode.

Whats the link to load the jsp page? I got this error when I access via http://localhost:9080/SimpleJSPExample/index.jsp

Error 500: (com/myeclipseide/examples/jsp/MyJavaClass) bad major version at offset=6

I tried to amend MyJavaClass.java and save. Still don’t see any activity in the Console view.

Deployment.log
    ————————————————————————————————————————————
    MyEclipse: deployment START exploded project: SimpleJSPExample server: websphere61Server#AppSrv01 time: Fri Apr 15 09:49:37 SGT 2011
    ————————————————————————————————————————————
    WASX7209I: Connected to process “server1” on node admin-PCNode01 using SOAP connector; The type of process is: UnManagedProcess
    WASX7303I: The following options are passed to the scripting environment and are available as arguments that are stored in the argv variable: “[C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\installableApps\SimpleJSPExample.war, admin-PCNode01Cell, admin-PCNode01, server1, /SimpleJSPExample, SimpleJSPExample, {{“SimpleJSPExample.war” “SimpleJSPExample.war,WEB-INF/web.xml” default_host}}, {{“null” “SimpleJSPExample.war,WEB-INF/ibm-web-ext.xmi”AppDeploymentOption.Yes 1}}, SimpleJSPExample.war, true]”
    -contextroot “/SimpleJSPExample” -nopreCompileJSPs -distributeApp -useMetaDataFromBinary -nodeployejb -appname “SimpleJSPExample” -createMBeansForResources -reloadEnabled -reloadInterval 1 -deployws -validateinstall off -noprocessEmbeddedConfig -filepermission .*.dll=755#.*.so=755#.*.a=755#.*.sl=755 -buildVersion Unknown -noallowDispatchRemoteInclude -noallowServiceRemoteInclude -MapWebModToVH {{“SimpleJSPExample.war” “SimpleJSPExample.war,WEB-INF/web.xml” default_host}} -JSPReloadForWebMod {{“null” “SimpleJSPExample.war,WEB-INF/ibm-web-ext.xmi”AppDeploymentOption.Yes 1}}
    C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\installableApps\SimpleJSPExample.war
    admin-PCNode01Cell
    admin-PCNode01
    server1
    /SimpleJSPExample
    SimpleJSPExample
    {“SimpleJSPExample.war” “SimpleJSPExample.war,WEB-INF/web.xml” default_host}
    {“null” “SimpleJSPExample.war,WEB-INF/ibm-web-ext.xmi”AppDeploymentOption.Yes 1}
    SimpleJSPExample.war
    true
    WASX7327I: Contents of was.policy file:
    //
    // Template policy file for enterprise application.
    // Extra permissions can be added if required by the enterprise application.
    //
    // NOTE: Syntax errors in the policy files will cause the enterprise application FAIL to start.
    // Extreme care should be taken when editing these policy files. It is advised to use
    // the policytool provided by the JDK for editing the policy files
    // (WAS_HOME/java/jre/bin/policytool).
    //

grant codeBase “file:${application}” {
    };

grant codeBase “file:${jars}” {
    };

grant codeBase “file:${connectorComponent}” {
    };

grant codeBase “file:${webComponent}” {
    };

grant codeBase “file:${ejbComponent}” {
    };

ADMA5016I: Installation of SimpleJSPExample started.
    ADMA5058I: Application and module versions are validated with versions of deployment targets.
    WSWS0041I: Web services deploy task completed successfully.
    ADMA5005I: The application SimpleJSPExample is configured in the WebSphere Application Server repository.
    ADMA5053I: The library references for the installed optional package are created.
    ADMA5005I: The application SimpleJSPExample is configured in the WebSphere Application Server repository.
    ADMA5001I: The application binaries are saved in C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\wstemp\Script12f56d96b84\workspace\cells\admin-PCNode01Cell\applications\SimpleJSPExample.ear\SimpleJSPExample.ear
    SECJ0400I: Successfuly updated the application SimpleJSPExample with the appContextIDForSecurity information.
    ADMA5011I: The cleanup of the temp directory for application SimpleJSPExample is complete.
    ADMA5013I: Application SimpleJSPExample installed successfully.
    ————————————————————————————————————————-
    MyEclipse: deployment END project: SimpleJSPExample server: websphere61Server#AppSrv01 time: Fri Apr 15 09:49:48 SGT 2011
    ————————————————————————————————————————-

#316076 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

Hi,

I browse to the deployment location of the EAR project under WebSphere 6.1, tried to amend .java file in EJB and Web project and save. I checked the class file under deployment location and I noticed that the date modified of the class file is updated after the amendment.

I also noticed that in the console, the timestamp of the loggings is not correct. Could this be the problem the activities are not logged after the code changes? Is there any solution to set the timezone to SGT? Currently is in GMT.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Re-deployment not automatic

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in