facebook

Re-Naming EAR and WAR deployment archives/folders

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Doesn’t look like this made it into 7.0 M1 or M2. Any word from the bureaucrats?

#292155 Reply

So, we missed 7.0 – is this still on the roadmap?

#292281 Reply

Riyad Kalla

It’s still on there, and I still pester for it with every release. I don’t have the power to promise a target release for it, just that I keep pushing… and pushing… and pushing.

#320430 Reply

This still doesn’t appear to be implemented in 9.1. So I guess we all need to stop putting periods in our project names. 🙁

#330483 Reply

This ‘feature’ is still not available in Blue 10.6. The Module Projects view says it’s going to honor your Archive name, and does for pure eclipse EAR exports, but when you do a deployment (packaged or exploded) the project name is still used for the WAR instead of the EAR. This is a major mess for our developers since our EAR and WAR projects use the same name for deployment (myapp.ear and myapp.war), but obviously that isn’t allowed in the workspace.

#330506 Reply

support-swapna

adampatterson,

I could not replicate the issue at my end on MyEclipse Blue 10.6 and WAS 7/8.
    I modified the archive names from the Add and Remove Modules dialog (Right click on the EAR > MyEclipse > Add and Remove modules).

Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

If this is not the issue you are seeing, then please give us steps in detail to help us replicate the issue at our end.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #335344 Reply

torman

This seems still be an issue.
    The only way that I found to change the name of the war file is by changing the archive name in .mymetadata of the war project. But again, it only works for the ear export. When MyEclipse deploys the ear (either exploded archive or packaged mode) it still uses the war project name for the war.
    I also didn’t found a way to modify the resulted ear file name – same issues as with the war (projects name is being used).

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Re-Naming EAR and WAR deployment archives/folders

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in