facebook

re: VSS plugin for ME 7.0

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. General
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hello, I am using MyEclipse 7.0 and extracted the VSS 1.6.2 plugin in C:\Program Files\Genuitec\Common\plugins.
    On restarting the IDE, the Plugin-details does not show the VSS plugin. In Configuration Details, in the scetion Configured plug-ins, I see it referenced. I pasted a part of the listing below :
    ……
    file:/C:/Program Files/Genuitec/Common/plugins/org.uddi4j_2.0.5.v200805270300.jar
    file:/C:/Program Files/Genuitec/Common/plugins/org.vssplugin_1.6.2/
    file:/C:/Program Files/Genuitec/Common/plugins/org.w3c.css.sac_1.3.0.v200805290154.jar
    ……

I use this plugin in Eclipse 3.4 and it works fine. It gets picked up as soon as I restart the IDE.

From what I have read above, it show work in a similar fashion but it does not.
    Has anyone tried this in MyEclipse 7.0?
    Thanks

#293542 Reply

Loyal Water

rremedios,
    You cannot drop plugins into the plugin folder in MyEclipse 7.0 and get them to work. We would be adding this functionality in the next release.

You will have to go to Help > Software Update > Add / Remove Software > Add Software > Add Locally > Manage Site > Add and point the url to the plugin location. Run through the remaining steps of the wizard to complete the installation.

Hope that helps.

#293554 Reply

Nipun,

I tried pointing to the Sourceforge URL but that did not work. Can I poin to the local folder?

Regards

#293562 Reply

Loyal Water

You can download the plugin and point the URL to the zip file. That should work.

#293567 Reply

Hello, pointing to the zip file did not work.
    In the add from update site window , it says no respository found.
    I restarted the IDE and it had not picked up the VSS plugin.

#293673 Reply

Loyal Water

Can you paste the link to the VSS plugin that you are setting up. I’ll get this tested at our end.

#293709 Reply

The link I am using is : http://sourceforge.net/projects/vssplugin/

I also download the zip file and tried to point to the zip file. The message I see is the no repository is found after pointing to the zip file.

#293759 Reply

twilson

Can I add myself to this query please – I’m experiencing the same issue and VSS compatibility is important to us

#293799 Reply

Hello, how is the investigation going? I am not using MyEclipse as I need the VSS plugin.
    Can I get a patch to let me drop the plugin as I do in Eclipse?

Thanks

#293820 Reply

Loyal Water

Guys,
    The only way to get this plugin to work is by dropping the plugin into the plugins folder but the drop functionality is not supported by ME 7.0. The next release (which is due mid feb) will support this functionality. Incase you want a workaround, I can send you the link to the 7.0 M2 installer and you can use that till the next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#293851 Reply

Yes, can you send me the line to the MyEclipse 7.0 M2.

Are these not made available to members via the web site?

Thanks

#293875 Reply

Loyal Water

The milestone releases are not available on the download page. I have PM’ed you the link.

#293900 Reply

Hello, the link is broken. Can you email me the package or send me a different link.

Thanks

#293941 Reply

Loyal Water

Were you able to get the download to start? The link seems to work fine for me ..

#294129 Reply

jsavoie

I would like to get the VSS Plugin to work for this too. Please send me the link to the MyEclipse 7.0 M2.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Reply To: re: VSS plugin for ME 7.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in