facebook

Rebuild All without JSP compilation

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

jsents

I don’t know how useful this would be for others but I find myself waiting for the JSP compilation when all I wanted to do is get new Java files compiled and outputted as .class files. A solution could be to have the following menu options

Rebuild Project
    Rebuild Project excluding JSP
    Rebuild All
    Rebuild All excluding JSP

Thanks
    Josh

#196373 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Josh,

This one could go either way, so I turned your post into a poll to solicit some community feedback.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197554 Reply

I would like to see a preference that would allow us to turn JSP compilation on or off. Normally, JSP compilation just slows down development workflow.

Thanks, Lance

#197559 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I would like to see a preference that would allow us to turn JSP compilation on or off.

Your wish has been granted. Please see the Syntax preference page for the JSP editor in MyEclipse 2.5.1

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197870 Reply

Tom Cole
    Participant

With compilation tutned off is there still syntax checking when typing and pressing the save button?

#197871 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Disabling JSP compilation discontinues both JSP syntax checking and the translated Java Servlet compilation when the JSP file is saved. Java, HTML, and JSP code completion are not affected and continue to be available.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#199030 Reply

Erez

As I see it if JSP compilation is done solely for the purpose of validation then it should be optional, cause it really slows down the work and if by mistake I pressed the ‘rebuild project’ then I am really in trouble…
    I think that when developing a JSP or entering a small change it would be nice if there was some suggestion for the fact the a validation is in order, while leaving the choise for the user. On the other hand if ‘JSP compilation (better called – validation) is active’ pages will get validated. Either ways, I agree that Rebuild should have options of JSP compilation yes or no.

Erez

#199040 Reply

No Operation

what about a short cut to do “save file and JSP compile” for current file?

#199085 Reply

emmanuel

I like this idea a lot; it’ll be a useful option; currently it is a time consuming process.

Kind regards
    Emmanuel

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Rebuild All without JSP compilation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in