facebook

Recent performance issudes

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Scott Esker
    Participant

Just curious, I’m not sure exactly when it started occurring, but lately no matter what I am doing inside of ME 2018, on my mac, I get the spinning cursor constantly, and ME is using most of the cpu. I have updated the amounts of memory it gets, and nothing seems to change the behavior. I may switch back to 2017 ME just to see if it is happening there.

Any recommendations on trying to determine my cpu issue?

#598212 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

If you are able to provide a “jstack -l ” dump of the MyEclipse process when this happens, it may give us helpful information to understand what is actually spinning the CPU.

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/TakeThreadDump.html

#598213 Reply

Scott Esker
    Participant

Here you go.

#598214 Reply

Scott Esker
    Participant

Here

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #598216 Reply

Scott Esker
    Participant

And one more.

Attachments:
    #598218 Reply

Scott Esker
    Participant

Hopefully there is some help in there, it is now become unbearable. As in I cannot use ME2018, the only other thing I did recently was upgrade Jrebel via the internal upgrade.

My cursor has been spinning for over two minutes now, I cannot work with this. I try rebooting, and giving ME more memory.

#598219 Reply

Scott Esker
    Participant

It’s totally locked (see image). I will revert to an older version and see if that helps.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Scott Esker.
    Attachments:
    #598222 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Scott,

Our teams are looking at your traces in detail, but in the meanwhile, I wonder if you could try a simple test.

From the dumps you have shared, it looks like you have CodeMix installed as well – can you go to Preferences > CodeMix and check the “Temporarily disable CodeMix functionality” box? Apply that change and restart just to have a clean starting state – any difference?

#598225 Reply

Scott Esker
    Participant

Sigh — did. It is stuck on building workspace at 34% for several minutes now. Included is another dump, and I did turn off CodeMix.

I’m going to switch to ME CI 2017 to see if there is a difference.

#598232 Reply

Scott Esker
    Participant

I deleted my workspace and started with a fresh one, that seems to have cured the problem… although it took 30 min to rebuild it.

#598325 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Scott,

Thanks for getting back to us. We’re glad the performance issues are gone, though 30 minutes to build the workspace does seem excessive! If you continue to have similar problems, please let us know, with as much information as possible about your workspace and, of course, the obligatory workspace log.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Recent performance issudes

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in