facebook

Recommended Directory Structure

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Paul Baker

Eclipse creates the following data structure for Enterprise J2EE apps:

app

appEJB
    ./src

appWeb
    ./src
    ./WebRoot

My problem is where do I put everything? I am using JSF and Hibernate. Can someone point me to a “Best Practices” doc or some other resource?

#227502 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Are you just developing a web app with no EJBs? Then what you want is a Web Project. The Enterprise Project is meant as an “umbrella” of EJB and Web modules that are packaged and deployed together. It isn’t meant to put code in directly.

#227504 Reply

Paul Baker

Riyad, I am creating a project with Web and EJB modules. Currently I am putting the code directly into the structure that MyEclipse created (as I showed above). Is this wrong and if so why does MyEclipse create a src directory and where should I be creating the source.

Thanks for your comments.

#227535 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Currently I am putting the code directly into the structure that MyEclipse created (as I showed above). Is this wrong and if so why does MyEclipse create a src directory and where should I be creating the source.

No, it’s not wrong. Using the default structure that we create will make things much easier for you in the long run. For some specific examples you might want to review our Enterprise Application Projects quickstart that’s available in the application’s help system on your machine or on our website in the documentation section here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-67.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Recommended Directory Structure

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in