facebook

Reduce filesize of earfile

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

CS Tan
    Participant

Hi,

When I create the earfile using Myeclipse Blue it is about 70MB. When I created using RAD 6.0, it is less than 20MB, with the same files. It is about 3 times bigger in filesize.

Are there something that is not required and are included during creation of earfile? Or is there any solution to reduce the filesize?

#316079 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

Hi,

I have quite an amount of warnings in my problems tab. How can I go about clearing them?

1) ArrayList is a raw type. References to generic type ArrayList<E> should be parameterized.
    2) Invalid character used in text string (SCRIPT src=”../../scripting.js”>).
    3) Invalid location of tag (DIV).
    4) No end tag (</DIV>).
    5) Null pointer access: The variable _status can only be null at this location
    6) Tag (f:attribute) must be empty.
    7) The assignment to variable TradeID has no effect
    8) The field Ac1001.show_frdate is never read locally
    9) The local variable _ is never read
    10) The method AcctCntrCtpyItems() from the type Test is never used locally
    11) The serializable class SB_AuditlogBean does not declare a static final serialVersionUID field of type long
    12) Type safety: The constructor ArrayList(Collection) belongs to the raw type ArrayList. References to generic type ArrayList<E> should be parameterized
    13) Type safety: The expression of type ArrayList needs unchecked conversion to conform to List<Object>
    14) Type safety: The expression of type Comparator needs unchecked conversion to conform to Comparator<? super Object>
    15) Type safety: Unchecked invocation sort(List, Comparator) of the generic method sort(List<T>, Comparator<? super T>) of type Collections

#316687 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Joejess,

MyEclipse Blue has a bit different packaging method then RAD. I am unable to say why the difference is so big in your case. Have you compared contents of both EARs?

As far as it comes to warnings. If you double-click on the warning, editor will open on the line where the warning is. If you are unsure how to fix the issue, hover cursor over underlined text and you will notice hint with possible quick fixes. I will not explain how to fix this issues as they are quite verbose.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reduce filesize of earfile

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in