facebook

Refactor support

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Suggestions
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

christopher-pollati
    Participant

I have been using CodeMix with the C# development in Unity. One of the features that I notice is missing is refactoring. Is this in the works?

This topic was linked to an Issue on at
    #594411 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Christopher,

We are working on enabling the rename refactoring – the work is in progress but not quite there yet, based on other user requests, we’ll try to deliver this sooner.

I admit that I’m not quite aware of the other refactoring capabilities in the C# tooling, mind telling us which operations you find essential?

#594483 Reply

christopher-pollati
    Participant

I haven’t used any other features besides renaming variables or classes. Since most of my work is in Unity, I probably haven’t touched a bunch of features that something like Visual Studio has for C# development.

#594681 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Christopher,

Thanks for the note – hopefully we’ll be able to deliver the rename support in the near future.

#596574 Reply

support-swapna

Christopher,

Rename support is out with our latest CodeMix release, CI 2018.8.15. Please update (Help > Check for Updates) and let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#596604 Reply

christopher-pollati
    Participant

With C#, it’s very hit or miss.

So when I tried to rename a variable named “buildDir” to “buildBaseDir”, I end up with something like “bbuildBaseDiraseDir” instead.

Also, I tried changing another variable “projectName” to “defaultProjectName” but it end up overwriting and replacing existing text:

string projectName = PlayerSettings.productName;

became:

string defaultProjectNamettings.productName;

And on another line, instead of the variable that was supposed to be renamed, it overwrote the wrong text:

buildPath = baseDir + projectName + targetPrefix[i];

became:

buildPath = baseDir + projectName + tdefaultProjectName

#596610 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Christopher,

That is disappointing to hear. We’ve tested the refactor support to some length, and it should have worked with C# as well.

If not too much trouble, would it be possible to record a short screencast of the issue? Would help see cases we’re not hitting during testing – I just tried some additional cases and it seemed to be working fine.

#597116 Reply

christopher-pollati
    Participant

Here’s a little video of a refactoring-gone-wrong example. It didn’t seem to overlay the new name ontop of the existing variable name. If I do go through with the refactoring, it does appear just like in the preview.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #597181 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Christopher,

Thank you – pretty clear from that what you’re experiencing. I was not able to reproduce this myself, but clearly more testing is required. We’ll update this thread when a fix is available.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Refactor support

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in