facebook

Referenced bean ‘dataSource’ not found with jee:jndi-lookup

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

J.C. Hamlin
    Participant

Platform: MyEclipse 6.0.1 (full stack installer)
    JDK: 1.5.0_12
    Plugin: Spring IDE

We just added Spring 2 (2.0.8) support to our project through MyEclipse 6.0.1 and everything is working well except one problem. Beans defined with the jee:jndi-lookup aren’t being found and I get a warning about the referenced bean not being found. I found the bug filed against Spring IDE about this same problem, which it is fixed in Spring IDE. I know MyEclipse has an enhanced version of the Spring IDE. It sounds like an update from the Spring IDE code to fix this problem is needed. The problem was fixed in Spring IDE 2.0 M1 on 5/17/2007 (almost a year ago). Here’s the JIRA ticket about it:

http://jira.springframework.org/browse/IDE-375

This probably just requires an update to com.genuitec.eclipse.springframework.builder.AllConfigsValidator to add in the same functionality as that which was fixed by the Spring IDE team last year.

If you can send us an updated version of the plugin with the problem fixed, that would be great.

Thanks.

-J.C.

#284347 Reply

Loyal Water

We would be updating the Spring IDE in the next MyEclipse release (6.5) and this issue would be fixed automatically.

#284368 Reply

J.C. Hamlin
    Participant

@support-nipun wrote:

We would be updating the Spring IDE in the next MyEclipse release (6.5) and this issue would be fixed automatically.

That’s good news. So, what is the approximate timeframe for 6.5? A few weeks A few months? Many months?

Where do I go for announcements about what will make it into 6.5 (like maven2, struts 2, Freemarker, etc) as well as announcements on release dates?

Thanks.

-J.C.

#284389 Reply

Loyal Water

The RoadMap is on management’s plate to update it, but in the mean time you can refer to this blog post from our management team.
    http://www.jroller.com/myeclipseblog/entry/myeclipse_what_have_we_been

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Referenced bean ‘dataSource’ not found with jee:jndi-lookup

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in