facebook

Refresh after running Ant not reflected in deploy dest

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Erik Reuter

I’m using XDoclet for my EJB deployment descriptors and other useful nitty-gritty stuff.

I create the xdoclet-build.xml file through the tooling (properties->MyEclipse-XDoclet) and then run the created script through “Run Ant..” directly on the file. I’ve set the “Refresh” property to “The project containing the selected resource” when the scripts completes in the Ant launch properties.

After the script completes the project is refreshed, but I have to manually go and redeploy the project to get it on the server.

The project I’m running the script in is an EJB project, but this project is part of an EAR (it’s the EAR I’m manually redeploying again).

It would be nice if the deployer automatically picked up the changes. I haven’t tried this on a standalone EJB where the EJB itself is deployed.

I’m using the JBoss3 connector, the EAR is exploded.

My specs are:

JDK: Sun J2SDK build 1.4.2_02-b03
    JBoss: CVSTag=JBoss_3_2_3 date=200311301445
    Eclipse: M6, buildid 200312182000
    MyEclipse: buildid 200401011200-3.7RC2

Best regards
    Erik

#204079 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Erik, good suggestion. We’ll look into this.

#204082 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

The deployer that is part of 2.7 GA should pick up all changes in exploded deployments and redeploy them. Packaged deployments will be marked with a warning message that they are now out of date, since we don’t do any sort of sync on packaged archives due to the archiving overhead. Please try out 2.7 GA when it becomes available and you should have what you want.

#204085 Reply

Erik Reuter

Sounds like chose changes wont make it into the 3.7 GA version at the time of release, or is it just that 2.7 GA will be available before the 3.7 release?

I know that Eclipse 2.x is the latest stable release, but one quickly gets addicted to the new features in 3.0 : )

Regards
    Erik

#204087 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Erik, 2.7 releases are synced with 3.7 releases, the only difference is that is for Eclipse 2.x and one is for Eclipse 3.x

2.7 will go GA this week, and 3.7 is expected to go GA the following week. Also something new with this release, is that you will be able to download 3.7 as a trial and don’t need to be a subscribing member anymore to get at it (for trial download that is 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Refresh after running Ant not reflected in deploy dest

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in