facebook

Release Notes for ME 7.1

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ernestz

I am going to try to see if I can get ME 7.x up and running after my initial troubled install attempts.

But, in reviewing the release notes for ME 7.1 (March 6, 2009) @ http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-409.html , under section three, Known Issues/MyEclipse Installer, the following is stated:

Installation of MyEclipse 7.1 into different drive (C:\ for example) than Common (D:\ for example) will cause MyEclipse to not work. 

What exactly does this mean? I typically install on a drive other than C:, specifically, my drive E:. Will this no longer work?

I have also in the past installed a ‘Classic’ Eclipse IDE and then used the update site, but, it is also stated that

Manual installs using an update-site are now a discouraged practice

Is going this route going to cause potential problems?

#297476 Reply

Loyal Water

1. Installation to different drives issue has already been fixed in the latest installer that is available on the download page. I’ll get this rectified in the release notes.

2. Manual Install shouldn’t cause problems, it’s just that you won’t have the MyEclipse dashboard or auto-updating mechanisms. Instead of you building your own manual install, we provide them on the download page now, option #5.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Release Notes for ME 7.1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in